Physician Associates WLV

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,

I just thought that it would be a good idea to make a Physician Associate thread specifically for Wolverhampton because I don't see much people talking about the P.A course at Wolverhampton compared to other Universities.

I' am currently a 3rd year Psychology student at Wolverhampton who is planning to apply for the Physician Associate course for 2017 with Wolverhampton being one of my options (because 20% loyalty discount).

My experiences consists of placement from my college days at a care home, volunteer community health champion, and have recently completed the care certificate and will be applying for Healthcare Assistant jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am 2nd year student nurse based at Walsall Campus,I am also planning to apply for the Physician Associate course for 2017 / 2018 with Wolverhampton because 20% loyalty discount. Its very good to create the thread specifically for Wolverhampton because I think a lot of people including current students of Wolverhampton less aware about this opportunity (As i didnt know myself until Uni dispaly the group pic of all Faculty of Health students).

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Cool! what other universities are you planning on applying for? mine are Birmingham, Worcester and St. Georges. I think Wolverhampton doesn't advertise the course as much as other universities. Birmingham, St. Georges and Anglia Ruskin made Youtube videos for their course, so I can't see why Wolverhampton can't.

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Wolverhampton this months for physician associate. Have you guys applied yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've completed the application but I have yet to send it. Im just waiting to start my healthcare assistant job this week so I have something to talk about in an interview. Let us know how you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok.. the interview is basically a group discussion for one hour followed by a presentation by the interviewees on the physician associate role, responsibilities and opportunities. It looks daunting to be honest. I was expecting a one to one interview.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't expect the presentation but im sure you'll be fine. Im surprised it's not MMI.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am surprised too. Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Have you done your interview? If so, how many were there? How did the day turn out? I have an interview on the 14th December.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey I regret to say I want be going to the interview tomorrow solely because of the funding problem. I learnt that government will not fund postgraduate diplomas and CPD loans must be paid regardless of the employment status therefore I have decided not to attend. I have applied to Brunel and UEA waiting to hear from them. Anyway good luck with your interview

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay! Good luck with those applications

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.