The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Physician Associates WLV

Hello Everyone,

I just thought that it would be a good idea to make a Physician Associate thread specifically for Wolverhampton because I don't see much people talking about the P.A course at Wolverhampton compared to other Universities.

I' am currently a 3rd year Psychology student at Wolverhampton who is planning to apply for the Physician Associate course for 2017 with Wolverhampton being one of my options (because 20% loyalty discount).

My experiences consists of placement from my college days at a care home, volunteer community health champion, and have recently completed the care certificate and will be applying for Healthcare Assistant jobs.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I am 2nd year student nurse based at Walsall Campus,I am also planning to apply for the Physician Associate course for 2017 / 2018 with Wolverhampton because 20% loyalty discount. Its very good to create the thread specifically for Wolverhampton because I think a lot of people including current students of Wolverhampton less aware about this opportunity (As i didnt know myself until Uni dispaly the group pic of all Faculty of Health students).

Good Luck
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Cool! what other universities are you planning on applying for? mine are Birmingham, Worcester and St. Georges. I think Wolverhampton doesn't advertise the course as much as other universities. Birmingham, St. Georges and Anglia Ruskin made Youtube videos for their course, so I can't see why Wolverhampton can't.
Reply 3
I have an interview at Wolverhampton this months for physician associate. Have you guys applied yet?
Reply 4
I've completed the application but I have yet to send it. Im just waiting to start my healthcare assistant job this week so I have something to talk about in an interview. Let us know how you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Ok.. the interview is basically a group discussion for one hour followed by a presentation by the interviewees on the physician associate role, responsibilities and opportunities. It looks daunting to be honest. I was expecting a one to one interview.
Reply 6
Didn't expect the presentation but im sure you'll be fine. Im surprised it's not MMI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I am surprised too. Good luck with your application
Reply 8
Have you done your interview? If so, how many were there? How did the day turn out? I have an interview on the 14th December.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey I regret to say I want be going to the interview tomorrow solely because of the funding problem. I learnt that government will not fund postgraduate diplomas and CPD loans must be paid regardless of the employment status therefore I have decided not to attend. I have applied to Brunel and UEA waiting to hear from them. Anyway good luck with your interview
Reply 10
Ahh okay! Good luck with those applications
Reply 11
Hi,

I have also received an interview invite from the university of wolverhampton. Would appreciate any advice regarding interviews? How daunting is it?

Preferably from someone who's already had their interview (:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
At first it was very daunting when the others were being called in for the presentation (I was the last one) but as long as you've prepared for it and included the required information on your presentation (Roles, Responsibilities and Opportunities) you'll be fine. After the presentation, they'll ask you questions about what you've put on your presentation, about yourself as well as questions about your personal statement.

As for the group discussion, they'll give you a scenario and you'll have to discuss what you'd do in that situation. Pretty much common sense.

The best advice I can give is to make sure you are fully prepared, make sure you know your presentation well, don't read from the power point or a script, and speak up during the group discussion.

I got my conditional offer a day later. The interviewers are very nice. I don't know how many will be there during your interview but when I did mine last month, there were only four of us.

Good luck

Original post by s.hu
Hi,

I have also received an interview invite from the university of wolverhampton. Would appreciate any advice regarding interviews? How daunting is it?

Preferably from someone who's already had their interview (:
Reply 13
Oh so you don't present infront of the whole group? ie the other interviewees?

Thank you for your help!
Reply 14
Original post by Crazii Sashimi
At first it was very daunting when the others were being called in for the presentation (I was the last one) but as long as you've prepared for it and included the required information on your presentation (Roles, Responsibilities and Opportunities) you'll be fine. After the presentation, they'll ask you questions about what you've put on your presentation, about yourself as well as questions about your personal statement.

As for the group discussion, they'll give you a scenario and you'll have to discuss what you'd do in that situation. Pretty much common sense.

The best advice I can give is to make sure you are fully prepared, make sure you know your presentation well, don't read from the power point or a script, and speak up during the group discussion.

I got my conditional offer a day later. The interviewers are very nice. I don't know how many will be there during your interview but when I did mine last month, there were only four of us.

Good luck

Hi,

I have my interview tomorrow. Could you let me know if the group exercise consists of an interview too? I feel unprepared for this part as the information they have provided doesnt tell me much.

Thanks
Reply 15
When I had my interview, the group exercise/discussion consisted of 1 scenario. They interviewed me straight after my presentation. They asked me about my presentation, and personal statement.

Original post by abham
Hi,

I have my interview tomorrow. Could you let me know if the group exercise consists of an interview too? I feel unprepared for this part as the information they have provided doesnt tell me much.

Thanks
Reply 16
Those who got places at Wolverhampton where u told anything about the funding?
Reply 17
I think it's self funded.

Original post by Floza
Those who got places at Wolverhampton where u told anything about the funding?
Reply 18
Thanx Crazii for responding. The ones in first year now got £6500. I don't know if it was for one year only. I was hoping it would be the same if not more. It's so unfair when others are doing it for free e.g. North West. We can't even get student finance loan as it is not a masters. The Career Development Loan is not guaranteed I know a lot of people who did not get it due to poor credit history.
Reply 19
Wolverhampton first year got £6500? Or another university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest