The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Physician Associates WLV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I rang them a few weeks ago and forced them to tell me what was going on!

I've got the induction week timetable, can't seem to upload it to here from my phone but in summary:
We're in Tues 4th - Fri 7th 9.00-16.30 in Millenium City Building MC413 the whole time.

I also have term dates, though the university hasn't approved them yet so they're technically provisional, they are what the acting course leader is working to. Appaz the university changed the faculty the PA course is under over the summer and that's why stuff is a bit of a mess atm. It'd better improve!!
Last day of term: Fri 21st Dec
First day of term: Mon 7th Jan (she said we will have exams that week)
Last day of term: Fri 12th April
First day of term: Mon 29th April
Last day of term: Fri 16th Aug.
(She thinks we'll go back during the week commencing 2nd Sept, but again she wasn't sure!)
(edited 5 years ago)
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 81
It's showing the attachment option to me on my phone now so hopefully you can see this if I upload it.
Reply 82
Original post by lorow
I rang them a few weeks ago and forced them to tell me what was going on!

I've got the induction week timetable, can't seem to upload it to here from my phone but in summary:
We're in Tues 4th - Fri 7th 9.00-16.30 in Millenium City Building MC413 the whole time.

I also have term dates, though the university hasn't approved them yet so they're technically provisional, they are what the acting course leader is working to. Appaz the university changed the faculty the PA course is under over the summer and that's why stuff is a bit of a mess atm. It'd better improve!!
Last day of term: Fri 21st Dec
First day of term: Mon 7th Jan (she said we will have exams that week)
Last day of term: Fri 12th April
First day of term: Mon 29th April
Last day of term: Fri 16th Aug.
(She thinks we'll go back during the week commencing 2nd Sept, but again she wasn't sure!)

Thanks for the info lol
How is the interview?
Hi there,

Just looking to make some friends and learn about the course as I've gotten a place for the physician associate at Wolverhampton.
Original post by elja1905
Hi there,
I'm currently a first year student at UoW, so as I'm only 7 weeks in I cant answer all your questions unfortunately but I'll give it a go.

Timetabling: we are in 2.5 days a week, Tuesday-Thursday with Thursday being a half day, but this is soon to change to a full day. In the first semester, we are covering 3 modules (one per day) - clinical practice (clinical skills), clinical reasoning and decision making (PBLS etc), and clinical medicine (your anatomy and physiology module). After Christmas we will be doing a pharmacology-based module in place of the clinical reasoning module.

Teaching: the course is taught by a variety of staff - Clinical Skills is taught by a PA and a newly qualified doctor, Clinical reasoning is taught predominantly by a practicing PA, with frequent input from another practicing PA, the course lead (who is a nurse by trade), and a GP/Consultant. The clinical medicine module varies between staff from the Life Sciences Faculty (Drs) and a PA and GP/Consultant. They are relatively supportive, but it is emphasized that they aren't there to spoon feed you, they are there to facilitate your learning so a lot of independent work is required.

Placement: As I'm not at this stage yet, I cant comment much. You go on placement for 4-5 weeks at the beginning of February (usually a GP practice), then 5-6 weeks at the end of May til the start of July. You have to fill out a PAD document on placement, which essentially covers all the competencies you need and all the procedures you need to have seen or performed.

In regards to the most recent cohorts exam results, you would need to contact the university about your concerns. There has been significant improvements in the course since that cohort started, with a new course leader in place and new facilities available.

Hope this has answered some of your worries.

Hi there could you help me ? Im stuck with the funding for the student finance for the Physician Associate PGDip i could really do with some help ?
Original post by PAstudent1
I have just completed the first year of the course at the University of Wolverhampton

Any questions please feel free to PM me

Hi there, I know this an extremely late reply but I've PMed you
Reply 87
Hi I was wondering if you were able to defer your entry?
Original post by hardcoreabzii
Hi there,

Just looking to make some friends and learn about the course as I've gotten a place for the physician associate at Wolverhampton.

Hi, what was the online interview like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending