Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My ex boyfriend added me on Facebook ! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He was the perfect boyfriend at first.. trying to impress and everything but i must say that i wasn't the perfect girlfriend i sometimes look cold and i always get social anxiety when i meet a new person despite my social problems i was trying trying my best to overcome everything and try to act normal sometimes it works sometimes not . anyway i felt that he had changed and became a bit careless i would say so i decided to end it after only like 1month a half maybe 2. he didn't seem to care and then i felt bad i felt that it wasn't the best decision nd i should ve given it a chance and not just go for the easy way. I told him i take back what i said and i feel that we should give us a chance! he was like no it's over you said it! it's like he was waiting for me to say it and go free! it really hurted me when he refused to even talk and was talking in a mean cold way and ignored my calls! he even said i was histerical. when he said that i stopped talking to him and never called after that. after awhile he deleted me from fb but it was still hard because we were in the same school but we never talked. i was avoiding eye contact and everything. and i must admit that he was one of the reasons i decided to change my school because the whole thing was just weird. now after 2 and a half years he adds me on facebook. i really don't know what to do. Should i accept or ignore? if i ignore im concerned that he might think i still care or maybe hate him which i don't. even though he was the meanest person ever after the break up i never hated him. I just regretted giving him a chance from the first day. and IF i accept i don't want him stalking me of fb. maybe he is just curious and wants to check what im up to and who im hanging out with. i don't want to give him that.

Thanks for your time reading this and any help you may provide!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimitea)
    He was the perfect boyfriend at first.. trying to impress and everything but i must say that i wasn't the perfect girlfriend i sometimes look cold and i always get social anxiety when i meet a new person despite my social problems i was trying trying my best to overcome everything and try to act normal sometimes it works sometimes not . anyway i felt that he had changed and became a bit careless i would say so i decided to end it after only like 1month a half maybe 2. he didn't seem to care and then i felt bad i felt that it wasn't the best decision nd i should ve given it a chance and not just go for the easy way. I told him i take back what i said and i feel that we should give us a chance! he was like no it's over you said it! it's like he was waiting for me to say it and go free! it really hurted me when he refused to even talk and was talking in a mean cold way and ignored my calls! he even said i was histerical. when he said that i stopped talking to him and never called after that. after awhile he deleted me from fb but it was still hard because we were in the same school but we never talked. i was avoiding eye contact and everything. and i must admit that he was one of the reasons i decided to change my school because the whole thing was just weird. now after 2 and a half years he adds me on facebook. i really don't know what to do. Should i accept or ignore? if i ignore im concerned that he might think i still care or maybe hate him which i don't. even though he was the meanest person ever after the break up i never hated him. I just regretted giving him a chance from the first day. and IF i accept i don't want him stalking me of fb. maybe he is just curious and wants to check what im up to and who im hanging out with. i don't want to give him that.

Thanks for your time reading this and any help you may provide!
    Woah it's been 2 and a half years since the breakup and you ask this. It sounds like you still have some feelings for him or are overthinking the situation. Either way, you don't know what he's after so you could just add him for the sake of it. But if it makes you worried about what he'll do then forget it. I have friends who randomly got added on FB by an ex from like over 3 years ago and they just talk normally as friends. It depends on the person and how you feel, though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.