The Student Room Group

How long does it take to get over rejection?

I was rejected by one of my guy friends who I have liked for over a year. As soon as he told me, I was absolutely heartbroken and immediately ended the friendship as I thought this would solve the situation and I would be able to move on and find someone else. Truth is, six months later; I'm still hurting. I still don't know why he rejected me and it has really impacted my self esteem. We have blocked each other on everything so contacting him isn't an option. I don't know what to do..I'm genuinely so sick of feeling like this..any advice or guidance?

I'm in my second year of sixth form and hoping to study medicine at uni next year if that helps..
Reply 1
Depends on the person and how close you were. Since you liked him for a year, it won't go away within a few weeks. It could take a few months to fully forget about him and that's if you don't see each other. It's hard to put a specific time frame on there, but time is the best healer and you just have to live your life normally and focus on your exams more than anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending