Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Farage on Trump's remarks: "Look, this is alpha male boasting" Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just lol.

Why tf are these guys taken seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Farage's past aside. He has literally got his mouth wrapped around Trump's penis. Shocking he's defending him.
    He could've defended him without that retarded sentence.

He actually said something sensible - if you read the article. That this is how men talk (we don't really but let's say we do) and it's in private and private conversations can sometimes be ugly. They're not for public consumption and front page news.

That was a sensible defence - as sensible as you can get. Why did he have to add the alpha ********? 'cos he's a turd that's why.

ReputationRep:
    Trump's not alpha he's probably got a tiny ****, his ego makes up for it tho
    • Very Important Poster

If he sticks close to the Trump camp and is loyal then Donald will reward him. he has to be careful he isnt seen as an interfering brit. I wonder if Donald is paying him for consultancy and PR services?

ReputationRep:
    Just a bunch of old, insecure jocks and their private profanities.

I watched the entire video and couldn't stop laughing. Sure it's not the best language, but don't tell me you and your male friends haven't spoken like this about girls you'd like to ****.

Blown out of proportion. Now CNN has said it will be targeting Trump on it now, but nothing about the recent Clinton leaks.

Trump shouldn't have apologised to these pathetic busybodies.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, he's right. Most guys would say stuff like that as bant. If your in a uni sports team you would have undoubtedly heard stuff like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)

I watched the entire video and couldn't stop laughing. Sure it's not the best language, but don't tell me you and your male friends haven't spoken like this about girls you'd like to ****.

Blown out of proportion. Now CNN has said it will be targeting Trump on it now, but nothing about the recent Clinton leaks.

Not in such a degrading manner, its all about severity here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    Not in such a degrading manner, its all about severity here
    Oh give me a break. I've heard a lot worse.

It's not like Trump was endorsing rape or anything sickening like that.

He was in a coach with his buddy and had a "jock moment".

I rest my case, this was blown out of proportion by an overly sensitive leftist media.

ReputationRep:

A) I'm 23, not 70, who cares how I talk?

B) I'm an atheist, not a devout Christian (as Trump claims to be). I get to use any kind of language I want. he doesn't, not if he wants people to see him as a holy man of God (which he does).

C) I'm not a public figure, he is, I'm not running for president, he is. This is important. He is representing, if elected, both men and women, he doesn't get to talk how he wants, there are limits. I don't give a **** if that's how men talk. Frankly, it's not how we talk, I don't think many men attempt to grope women and then brag to their friends about it. And, again, even if they do, he's supposed to address, as president, sensitive issues of female harassment. How's he going to do that with a straight face? I, or my "male friends" are a bunch of nobodies who are never going to have to have to sit in the oval office and be a representative of millions of women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    A) I'm 23, not 70, who cares how I talk?

B) I'm an atheist, not a devout Christian (as Trump claims to be). I get to use any kind of language I want. he doesn't, not if he wants people to see him as a holy man of God (which he does).

C) I'm not a public figure, he is, I'm not running for president, he is. This is important. He is representing, if elected, both men and women, he doesn't get to talk how he wants, there are limits. I don't give a **** if that's how men talk. Frankly, it's not how we talk, I don't think many men attempt to grope women and then brag to their friends about it. And, again, even if they do, he's supposed to address, as president, sensitive issues of female harassment. How's he going to do that with a straight face? I, or my "male friends" are a bunch of nobodies who are never going to have to have to sit in the oval office and be a representative of millions of women.
    He wasn't running for Presidency 11 years ago was he? He was still in his business years. Clinton ,on the other hand, was already a figurehead in politics. This has nowt to do with age.

Trump is loved because he's not PC like the rest... he's offering a change, a difference.

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't running for Presidency 11 years ago was he? He was still in his business years. Clinton ,on the other hand, was already a figurehead in politics. This has nowt to do with age.

Trump is loved because he's not PC like the rest... he's offering a change, a difference.
    Huh? my point was that it doesn't matter how I talk or what me and my friends say to girls 'cos I'm a 23 year old child and they're 23-22 as well. We're morons. Or at least we're allowed to be morons. So even if we did talk like that, it'd prove nothing (which, again, I've not heard any of my friends talk like that). At 60 or whatever, he's supposed to know better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Huh? my point was that it doesn't matter how I talk or what me and my friends say to girls 'cos I'm a 23 year old child and they're 23-22 as well. We're morons. Or at least we're allowed to be morons. So even if we did talk like that, it'd prove nothing (which, again, I've not heard any of my friends talk like that). At 60 or whatever, he's supposed to know better
    I agree. Although I think this was blown slightly out of proportion considering it happened 11 years ago, it does convey a certain level of childishness and lack of maturity in Trump's attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archipelaglobule)
    I agree. Although I think this was blown slightly out of proportion considering it happened 11 years ago, it does convey a certain level of childishness and lack of maturity in Trump's attitude.
    I don't watch TV or listen to radio and I read the economist, the FT and the i (none are particularly leftist).

So I didn't notice that it was blown out of proportion and it's not a HUGE thing anyway. Trump's faults are not these particular remarks but they do demonstrate rather crudely that he's an airhead who's totally out of touch with reality.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Nigel Farage acts like a ********, well that wasn't to be expected.....

ReputationRep:
    Oh give me a break. I've heard a lot worse.

It's not like Trump was endorsing rape or anything sickening like that.

He was in a coach with his buddy and had a "jock moment".

I rest my case, this was blown out of proportion by an overly sensitive leftist media.
    Well he said that because of his status he was able to grab them by the p***y, which is essentially sexual assault since it wasnt consensual. Sure, i doubt he'd do it (however his affiliations with Jeffrey epstein does suggest otherwise) but he is still normalising it by saying it was 'banter'.

The "overly sensitive leftist media" have every right to condemn trump for his comments.
    • Very Important Poster

Well he said that because of his status he was able to grab them by the p***y, which is essentially sexual assault since it wasnt consensual. Sure, i doubt he'd do it (however his affiliations with Jeffrey epstein does suggest otherwise) but he is still normalising it by saying it was 'banter'.

The "overly sensitive leftist media" have every right to condemn trump for his comments.
    Oh give dodgy pirate a break. Its NOT RAPE, just a bit of boisterous sexual assault.Not like everyone doesnt do it.... Leftist media is getting it out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    are trump's comments even that bad? He said hes attracted to beautiful women and kisses them. Isn't that what happens in clubs? Doesn't seem as bad as some of his other comments honestly
    No, I agree, my beef with Trump isn't that he's an egomaniacal freakshow. No. It's that he's everything I despise politically: nationalist-populist and protectionist. The Old Right, the kind of Right that Reagan belonged to was nationalist but it wasn't populist and, at least rhetorically, it wasn't protectionist. Trump embodies everything that's wrong with this world.

Still, those comments were disgusting.

ReputationRep:

It's a stupid, throwaway comment. Most men make airheaded, flippant remarks like such. It's really not that big of deal. Maybe instead we should focus on the serious criticisms of candidates: Hillary has plenty.

ReputationRep:
    The guy said some stupid **** and he apologised for it. Big whoop. Farage said it best: Hes not running to be pope. I want him to fix the economy, sort out immigration etc. I dont give two shits about rude words that he said 10 years ago in private with his friends showing off about how sexually active he is. And I dont know why its dominating the news cycle like this. It should at most be the story as a page filler in a tabloid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    The guy said some stupid **** and he apologised for it. Big whoop. Farage said it best: Hes not running to be pope. I want him to fix the economy, sort out immigration etc. I dont give two shits about rude words that he said 10 years ago in private with his friends showing off about how sexually active he is. And I dont know why its dominating the news cycle like this. It should at most be the story as a page filler in a tabloid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should we not hold our leaders to higher moral standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2016
Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.