Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bullies and Haters Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started this secondary school 3 yrs ago and I'm in my last year now, but because I started a year later most of my class has hated on me and has had nothing but bad to say about me from my clothes to my hair to the way I smell. know that none of what the is true but every time every year It's like another stab with a knife. I've told my teachers each time and this time they've turned around and made out that I'm the one to blame. Even today I had tutoring and my teacher found out what had gone on and said that if I really did smell then why don't I have a problem? What hurt me most was that the people I thought were my friends were the ones to turn around and say it was my fault that I became the victim this time. I mean come on how does that work??? I'm really confused and hurt right now so your advice would really be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    They're also going to go to the teacher I told and make out that I'm a liar. What am I supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    You should tell your parents.

ReputationRep:
    My dad passed away 7yrs ago and I'd rather not put any more pressure on her. Are their any alternatives cos this is like the 4th or 5th time It's happened

ReputationRep:
    1st time it was physical the rest have only been verbal so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire8495)
    I started this secondary school 3 yrs ago and I'm in my last year now, but because I started a year later most of my class has hated on me and has had nothing but bad to say about me from my clothes to my hair to the way I smell. know that none of what the is true but every time every year It's like another stab with a knife. I've told my teachers each time and this time they've turned around and made out that I'm the one to blame. Even today I had tutoring and my teacher found out what had gone on and said that if I really did smell then why don't I have a problem? What hurt me most was that the people I thought were my friends were the ones to turn around and say it was my fault that I became the victim this time. I mean come on how does that work??? I'm really confused and hurt right now so your advice would really be appreciated.
    I am going to say something that will sound a little odd and harsh but I mean well. You should focus on getting A* where ever you can and use this as a reason to motivate yourself. I have had similar experiences in school no one said i smelled but other harsh things, one of the most common insults I got was to be called a lesbian. This was supposed to be a double whammy insult because first they are calling me a girl which is supposed to insult me (where were the crazy feminists to scream when this was happening) and secondly they were calling me gay which is also supposed to be a huge insult. (this would have been a good time for social justice warriors but meh)

Anyway I am autistic and have people that like to assume I am stupid and put me down. they often ridicule and behave in many immature ways. so When I got some money together and decided I was going to sort my education out to avoid having to work in kitchens, calls centers or admin office roles I am going to take it seriously.

You are younger then me and may or may not be autistic but either way you don't fit in and I am not saying this to criticize you, I am saying it as a way to motivate you and warn you. the probability is you could get the same issues in work when you leave school if you work in kitchens or call centers etc. probably not so much in decent high paying respectable careers. Focus on your studies and getting those A*s use that to give you strength through the hard times and get yourself into a real elite university.

Also don't be afraid to take a gap year if your teachers wont predict you good grades or give you a reference. remember you want to go to top ten university so you can avoid a life time of this. make this something short lived not your entire life.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.