Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Healthcare Science Entry 2017

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacob_j)
    Hi im applying to study healthcare science (cardiac physiology), i sent my application off a few weeks ago and i havent got any offers yet :/
    What unis are you applying to and have you got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    I've already sent off my application around a month ago for Physiological Science (2 unis) and Audiology (3 unis). I've had an interview and received an offer from Anglia Ruskin. I just had an interview at Middlesex for Audiology - although that did not go too well! I have also applied to Plymouth, Swansea and DMU, although I just found out DMU are not accepting students for audiology this year due to problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _dxo17)
    Hi im applying to study healthcare science (cardiac physiology), i sent my application off a few weeks ago and i havent got any offers yet :/
    What unis are you applying to and have you got any offers yet?
    have you had any interviews? If so how were they and where did you apply?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    hi guys
    has anyone had any interviews at Anglia Ruskin for healthcare science?
    mine is this wednesday, not sure what to expect in terms of difficulty level, this is my first uni interview
    what kind of things do they ask and what did u say?
    thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosepetal97)
    hi guys
    has anyone had any interviews at Anglia Ruskin for healthcare science?
    mine is this wednesday, not sure what to expect in terms of difficulty level, this is my first uni interview
    what kind of things do they ask and what did u say?
    thanks so much
    Hi,
    I had an interview in December - it went quite well and I got an offer. First we had an english and maths test which was okay - not too difficult. There was only me and another girl that had actually turned up to the interview so we did have a group discussion but it was not too difficult as we just took it turns for every question. It was about half an hour. There were four interviewers - the course leader and three others. We then had an individual interview - just general questions on why healthcare science, skills, cardiac tests and respiratory tests (I did not remember the name of the respiratory test so I kinda messed up there!). It was very informal so don't stress!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanyag)
    Hi,
    I had an interview in December - it went quite well and I got an offer. First we had an english and maths test which was okay - not too difficult. There was only me and another girl that had actually turned up to the interview so we did have a group discussion but it was not too difficult as we just took it turns for every question. It was about half an hour. There were four interviewers - the course leader and three others. We then had an individual interview - just general questions on why healthcare science, skills, cardiac tests and respiratory tests (I did not remember the name of the respiratory test so I kinda messed up there!). It was very informal so don't stress!

Good Luck!
    Thats great to hear!

what level was the tests? gcse level? i havent done a level math, is it worth doing the online example tests on the website?
    what kind of questions did they ask during the group interview?
    which were the cardiac and respiratory tests specifically?
    also, what did they ask u in regards to the NHS constituitions?

thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosepetal97)
    Thats great to hear!

what level was the tests? gcse level? i havent done a level math, is it worth doing the online example tests on the website?
    what kind of questions did they ask during the group interview?
    which were the cardiac and respiratory tests specifically?
    also, what did they ask u in regards to the NHS constituitions?

thank you so much!
    Yepp they were GCSE level - some threw me off a bit. The English was an essay.
    I don't really remember the questions (I have had about three interviews lol) - there was situational stuff and how to handle different types of patients - linking to experience that you may have previously had (work experience etc.). I decided to mention the cardiac and respiratory tests (ECG and spirometry - AS Biology from what I remember). I dont remember the NHS consitiution questons - there were a few I think!

Good Luck - Let me know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanyag)
    Yepp they were GCSE level - some threw me off a bit. The English was an essay.
    I don't really remember the questions (I have had about three interviews lol) - there was situational stuff and how to handle different types of patients - linking to experience that you may have previously had (work experience etc.). I decided to mention the cardiac and respiratory tests (ECG and spirometry - AS Biology from what I remember). I dont remember the NHS consitiution questons - there were a few I think!

Good Luck - Let me know how it goes!
    ok thats fine, thank you so much for all your help!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.