The Student Room Group

Who won round 2 Trump v Clnton debate? Poll

This poll is closed

Who won the round 2 presidential debate?

Trump won by a huge margin. 8%
Clinton won by a huge margin 26%
Trump won by a small margin 11%
Clinton won by a small margin 16%
It was a draw. They were equal. 6%
I dont care. Dullsville.34%
Total votes: 274
Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton go head to head in the second US presidential election debate on Sunday night (Monday morning in the UK).

It takes place at Washington University in St. Louis and starts at 2am UK time (6pm Pacific time / 9pm Eastern time).

Most US news channels will broadcast it, so it will be easy to find if you have cable or satellite TV.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/09/what-time-is-the-trump-clinton-us-election-debate-on-sunday-nigh/
YouTube are also streaming it live.
[video="youtube;y6uAvA3q29o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uAvA3q29o[/video]

Looks like it will get dirty...... Bill being called a rapist etc

Two very unpopular candidates.

Attached poll
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Live stream if anyone wanst to watch it.
Very dirty debate -- not about the issues*
Trump's definitely winning
the moderators have been horrendous today
Trump is murdering her, I love Trump.
Harder to gauge than the first debate tbh, in part because there's been much less debate. For the first half or so, they completely ignored the questions and talked about whatever they liked. Betting markets have moved only one point, so looking like a draw. Possibly a very narrow Trump win, but given the current state of the polls and especially the tape, that's not nearly enough for him.
Reply 7
I didn't see it all but from what I saw I would say trump
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger
Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton go head to head in the second US presidential election debate on Sunday night (Monday morning in the UK).

It takes place at Washington University in St. Louis and starts at 2am UK time (6pm Pacific time / 9pm Eastern time).

Most US news channels will broadcast it, so it will be easy to find if you have cable or satellite TV.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/09/what-time-is-the-trump-clinton-us-election-debate-on-sunday-nigh/
YouTube are also streaming it live.
[video="youtube;y6uAvA3q29o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6uAvA3q29o[/video]

Looks like it will get dirty...... Bill being called a rapist etc

Two very unpopular candidates.

Attached poll

Great debate, they both came off really strongly.
Terrible first quarter. Personal insults, nothing more.

Picked up on the 30 minute mark though.

Trump came back with a sting from the first debate, and I really do think put Clinton on edge at times.

A lot of waffling from both candidates too.

Overall, Trump won.
Sorry Chelsea, mommy going to prison.

I'd say Clinton did simply because she could answer questions on policy without using the words like 'very' and 'incredible' or the phrase 'worst in history'. The fact that she could somewhat answer some questions in the 2 minutes instead of veering 180º off topic (not to say she didn't do it too but it wasn't as often) was nice. They're both utter disasters but Trump acted like a temperamental child with all his interrupting and talking back to the moderators. Kinda of incredible from a 70 year old man....these next 4 years are gonna be a low point for Americans imo
Original post by alexschmalex
I'd say Clinton did simply because she could answer questions on policy without using the words like 'very' and 'incredible' or the phrase 'worst in history'. The fact that she could somewhat answer some questions in the 2 minutes instead of veering 180º off topic (not to say she didn't do it too but it wasn't as often) was nice. They're both utter disasters but Trump acted like a temperamental child with all his interrupting and talking back to the moderators. Kinda of incredible from a 70 year old man....these next 4 years are gonna be a low point for Americans imo

He has every right to , they are terrible.
Well the odds the bookies are giving seems to imply the bookies believe trump won that one. not that the bookies back trump they don't they strongly back Clinton just they moved more towards trump then before.

Mind you the bookies have got it wrong on politics so many times so not sure that counts for much.
Original post by James.Carnell
He has every right to , they are terrible.

Agreed.
Guess I was wrong - instant polls suggesting Clinton won after all. That said, I wouldn't expect much polling change - any move to Clinton will more likely be the effect of the Trump tape rather than her debate performance.
I think it was hard viewing. I didn't like the animosity or the bullying.

Trump is a disgrace.

However, Clinton was off form yesterday and let Donald dictate the tempo. She was far too defensive, yet that's what happens when you can't criticise him for being lewd towards women when her own husband has had rape allegations made about him during his time in office.

Overall, a marginal "not-defeat" for Trump.

But he didn't appeal to any swing voters because he didn't actually reveal much about his policies. Like her or not, Clinton is still the only candidate who knows what she is talking about.
Brutally right now the expectation is so low for Trump now, that short of going full frothing at the mouth crazy, he will beat expectations.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I think it was hard viewing. I didn't like the animosity or the bullying.

Trump is a disgrace.

However, Clinton was off form yesterday and let Donald dictate the tempo. She was far too defensive, yet that's what happens when you can't criticise him for being lewd towards women when her own husband has had rape allegations made about him during his time in office.

Overall, a marginal "not-defeat" for Trump.

But he didn't appeal to any swing voters because he didn't actually reveal much about his policies. Like her or not, Clinton is still the only candidate who knows what she is talking about.

^^ this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending