Ear lobe infection help

    • Thread Starter

    So, got my lobes pierced two months ago (first piercing, never had any done before) and didn't take them out until today. Wasn't in any pain until I tried to get them off. They were jammed on and I had to get my dad to kind of yank them off. One ear's ok. The other one, after I left it for a few hours then gently sqeezed it when cleaning it with the antimicrobial stuff they gave me when I got them pierced, started oozing a load of puss. What should I do? Shall I try and put the earrings back in and just keep removing and cleaning them? Can I buy something at the chemists? Should I go to the doctor? Help please!!!

    I would have said chemist, but the NHS site said GP.

    If you haven't already, go see a pharmacist, make an appointment with your doctor, call 111 or go to a walk-in clinic. Depending on how bad it is I expect they will either clean it and give you something to put on it or give you antibiotics to take.
    Until then just keep them clean with water and gentle dabbing and do not try to put the piercings back in or anything. If it hurts you can take some painkillers like ibuprofen or paracetamol.

    I'd go back to your piercer and see what they suggest. Generally, for an infected piercing, you don't just take the piercing out and let the hole close. This is because you then trap the infection inside. The piercer will be able to take a look and see how bad it is. It'd be worth either going to your GP or a walk-in centre as well
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.