french

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    where did you go on holiday last year? give details
    In french with translation

ReputationRep:
    No one is going to do your homework for you!

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean I'm just asking for help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by need help plz)
    You forgot to attach your text. People would be happy to help you improve it, but the way you've asked for help makes it seem as though you were expecting us to write an essay for you.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    attempt it and tag me I'll help you improve it
    by no means shall i write it for you

some starters:
    -where did you go on holiday? Make sure the name is correct and in French, you can check here: http://www.wordreference.com/
    -what did you enjoy about it? Use fancy phrases and words here - vary vocab etc.
    -MAKE SURE YOUR TENSES MAKE SENSE-ie: imperfait --> weather, passe compose --> not weather
    -other stuff goes here

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks will do asap
    and will you give me some good vocab to use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    attempt it and tag me I'll help you improve it
    by no means shall i write it for you

some starters:
    -where did you go on holiday? Make sure the name is correct and in French, you can check here: http://www.wordreference.com/
    -what did you enjoy about it? Use fancy phrases and words here - vary vocab etc.
    -MAKE SURE YOUR TENSES MAKE SENSE-ie: imperfait --> weather, passe compose --> not weather
    -other stuff goes here
    This is my paragraph:
    d'habitude ma famille et moi allons a dubai pour deux semaines.chaque ete nous y allons parce que c'est pittoresque et ensoleille.je dois dire que a dubai je decouvrie une variete de nouveues cultures.tout le temps ma famille et moi en gardons des souvenirs inoubliables comme les beaux.

help me improve it plz.

ReputationRep:
    This is my paragraph:
    d'habitude ma famille et moi allons a dubai pour deux semaines.chaque ete nous y allons parce que c'est pittoresque et ensoleille.je dois dire que a dubai je decouvrie une variete de nouveues cultures.tout le temps ma famille et moi en gardons des souvenirs inoubliables comme les beaux.

help me improve it plz.
    Hey, I'm from France so I'd be happy to help.

Corrections:
    "D'habitude avec ma famille, je vais a Dubai pendant deux semaines chaque été. Nous y allons car nous trouvons le lieu pittoresque et ensoleillé. J'ai découvert à Dubai une variété de nouvelles cultures. Ma famille et moi gardons des souvenirs inoubliables (not sure what you wanted to say with "comme les beaux")

I changed some formulations but modify at your will. Most of the times French does not directly translate from English, the pour vs pendant is a good example. Remember when you have a duration always put pendant. If it has to be longer add for example a specific activity you did in Dubai.
    Hope this helped!
    Hope it helped!

ReputationRep:
    This is my paragraph:

help me improve it plz.
    I've given it a go via PMIt is repetitive and isn't that impressive. So I suggested a few tense variations and your last sentence I replaced with a clause.
    I hope it makes sense and helps you.
    Ask if it is unclear/you dont understand etc.!

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the corrections made above

So at the moment you have a little introduction of where you normally go, but now you need to talk about a past holiday. Therefore you could talk about a trip to Dubai e.g. Par exemple, quand j'y suis allé l’année dernière, ma mère et moi avons visité beaucoup de musées et nous les avons trouvé très intéressantes.... or you could talk about a holiday in which you visited somewhere different e.g. Par contre, il y a deux ans, mes amis et moi sommes alles au Portugal, c'était un expérience extraordinaire......

Either way, make sure you're detailed describing what you did, whether you enjoyed it, what you would do if you returned etc. and feel free to make things up if you need more to write about. Examiners aren't going to check so it really doesn't matter. This is especially useful for using negatives in your assessment if you don't experience anything on actual holidays (e.g. Unfortunately I was ill on Wednesday so I couldn't go to the beach / Malheruesment, j'étais malade mercredi donc je n'ai pu pas aller à la plage)

I hope my advice as well as the others advice helps

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.