How can people still support Trump?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would he need to disembowel a baby at a rally to finally be declared "the worse candidate"?
    The alt-right are just petty contrarians full of hot air.

ReputationRep:
    Great man

ReputationRep:
    Because Hillary is worse.
    Neither is good.
    #VoteForNobody

ReputationRep:
    Because people are just generally disgruntled with the entire electoral system so they're expressing their anger this way. Pretty much explains 99% of the membership of any radical candidate in any country.

because some still think like trump

ReputationRep:
    In comparison to Hillary's antics, he hasn't done much other than make idiotic comments. He's not a good presential candidate. Neither are. People like Trump as he's anti establishment and they hate political correctness. You answered your own question with the alt-right.

ReputationRep:
    His policies and ideology resonate with people who feel left behind by leadership that has taken the country the wrong way. Why is this a biggie? Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you can discount his support to trivial reasons. Many of these peoples concerns are entirely legitimate and deserve to be given attention.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    because he's still better than Killary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
    because he's still better than Killary
    That's an act of faith. He hasn't had the power yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    That's an act of faith. He hasn't had the power yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe, but they'll cut his nuts off if he gets power anyway. Killary is scary because she'll be able to use the power.

ReputationRep:
    you're just jealous because he get to grab women by the pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Would he need to disembowel a baby at a rally to finally be declared "the worse candidate"?
    The alt-right are just petty contrarians full of hot air. Personality disorders ahoy.
    I once had a small amount of respect for Trump because of the fact he seems to care so little about what people say about him. In fact, I still do. And I completely acknowledge that half of what he says is taken out of context in order to make it sound much worse than it actually is. I also can't help feel a slight sympathy for a certain section of his followers who seem to just want to f*** s*** up.

But that doesn't change the fact there is still 50% of what he says which is genuinely outrageously cretinous, and that he is incompetent, ignorant, narcissistic, belligerent, and hotheaded. My sadistic side tempts me, but I also realise that it's little more than a novelty. The idea of him being in charge of such a powerful nation in such a precarious position is very worrying.

I really hate Hillary. I sincerely believe she will do terrible damage to the country. But Trump as president is a potentially far more dangerous prospect.

ReputationRep:
    Trump is everything the world needs right now - zero tolerance for political correctness, tough on immigration, strong plans for the economy and jobs.

ReputationRep:
    people can't help but worship money.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the opposition/state of America (and, indeed, the West more broadly)?:mute:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.