why we need religion? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    seriously.

ReputationRep:
    Cause, we need to manage our life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I manage my life very well without religion, thanks very much.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    We need correct grammar in this thread title more :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applechips)
    seriously.
    We don't.

(Original post by Mufassir Ahmad)
    Cause, we need to manage our life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you believe that one cannot properly manage one's life without being religious?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to religion, I nearly didn't survive my childhood. You don't need religion to lead a good life. Religion is a crutch for people to lean on and throw at others who don't need religion in their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    We need correct grammar in this thread title more :hand:
    This accurately summarises the worth of religion in modern-day society.

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago I was anti religion then I learnt to jump off the bandwagon and actually educated myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    A few days ago I was anti religion then I learnt to jump off the bandwagon and actually educated myself
    Explain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applechips)
    seriously.
    Your thread title is why we need grammar

ReputationRep:
    So that I can be in the Sikh Society... duh!

ReputationRep:
    Even if religion is false I would theorise that it's keeping more maniacs back than creating them. Just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Why do atheists care so much? Seriously, if your atheistic lives are so darn fulfilling why feel the need to keep going on about it?

am just here to read the comments and to look out for internet fights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    Why do atheists care so much? Seriously, if your atheistic lives are so darn fulfilling why feel the need to keep going on about it?
    And vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    I seek healthy debate, as it is imperative to question one's own beliefs, and the beliefs of the other party. Without this, we would forever live in ignorance, with beliefs that hold almost no weight.

It seems that you dodged the question, too.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it provides structure to someone's life, some people need it, others dont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    am just here to read the comments and to look out for internet fights
    *discussion/debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Explain?
    Now I think that its the politics that misuses religion rather than the actual reigious beliefs. For example, some places currently in the middle east, and even without religion people in power messed things up for example the Soviet Union where religion was suppressed.

Also, a topic that critics of religion state is womens rights in religion but for example in Islam I read about how technically face veil is not compulsory, also how Eve and Adam had equal blame, and how in Islamic society women should have jobs like teachers and doctors.

ReputationRep:
    Because its the only truth in this world?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.