Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else studying this course? What do you make of it so far. I'm very impressed... but it's
    quite hard work!

Euan

--
    *from* Euan Bayliss, in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England "Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone..."

in article [email protected] .net, Euan Bayliss at [email protected] wrote on 2/4/02 21:22:

[q1]> Anyone else studying this course? What do you make of it so far. I'm very impressed... but it's[/q1]
    [q1]> quite hard work![/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Euan[/q1]

Hi Euan

I was wondering if anybody would ever post about L120. I went to my first tutorial, but otherwise
    feeling very isolated doing L120. Firstclass doesn't have a forum, which is hopeless for a language
    (i.e. communications) subject. Anyway, I think it's a good course, but like most OU courses I've
    tried has serious flaws. For example, I doubt my spoken French has improved any, because of course,
    you can't improve speaking a language unless you do it with someone! The workload is very high for
    what is supposed to be 7 hours a week, so I just don't do all those activities that say "write
    50-ish words on x".

To counteract that negativism, my understanding of the spoken material is slowly improving, and
    unlike my O-Level done years ago, they are talking about real things. It's good revision for grammar
    (I would like more of that) and I've picked up quite a lot of vocab.

Not looking forward to TMA3. But I expect I'll manage to put something together.

William

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2002
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.