Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't.

Sorry...

ReputationRep:
    Wow... just... wow.

What a terrible waste of police time and resources, just to prosecute a man for wearing a t-shirt with a harmless slogan on.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that's pretty ridiculous. It's just a bit of humour. They use worse words on daytime TV.
    What a waste of £5 for that guy's T-Shirt, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous really :rolleyes:

BTW he hasnt actually already been fined £80, the article says he will receive a fine if he is caught wearing it again

ReputationRep:
    It's clearly a joke and I highly doubt anyone was actually offended by it. Just some busy-bodies from the council trying to make themselves important.

ReputationRep:
    Man. It's like they've quotas to meet. AFAIK Peterborough isn't exactly a sunshine and roses town either.

ReputationRep:
    jeez.
    seriously is ridiculously pedantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisbemadness)
    Ridiculous really :rolleyes:

BTW he hasnt actually already been fined £80, the article says he will receive a fine if he is caught wearing it again
    I know, but I realised after already posting the thread and I'm not TSR-savvy enough to know how to change the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Anthropologist)
    That's such a waste of what could be valuabe police time - better spent elsewhere me thinks.
    Were the police actually involved? The article doesn't mention the police at all only quotes from the local council. The impression I got was that this wasn't the police who did it but someone from the council.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Were the police actually involved? The article doesn't mention the police at all only quotes from the local council. The impression I got was that this wasn't the police who did it but someone from the council.
    But that's also a waste of the council workers' time, they could've been doing something worthwhile in that time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    But that's also a waste of the council workers' time, they could've been doing something worthwhile in that time.
    Possibly although my experience of councils is that they never do anything worthwhile. Perosnally, I think we should scrap the current system of local government because it is a) inept b) effectively unnacountable (can you name your councillors and what they do?) c) counter-productive.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly although my experience of councils is that they never do anything worthwhile. Perosnally, I think we should scrap the current system of local government because it is a) inept b) effectively unnacountable (can you name your councillors and what they do?) c) counter-productive.
    I have no first-hand experience in the matter but I can't say I disagree. And there are serious flaws in the council system.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more worried about those who would get violent over this T-Shirt, then the guy wearing it. Then again, thats just me, I'm sure the Council is full of rational, sensible peopl...hahahahaahaha...sorry, where was I?

I'll assume it's an isolated incident, and not go off on a morning of 'the country is falling apart' dailymailesque hand wringing...but I'm soooo close. The left eye has started twitching...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    I'd be more worried about those who would get violent over this T-Shirt, then the guy wearing it. Then again, thats just me, I'm sure the Council is full of rational, sensible peopl...hahahahaahaha...sorry, where was I?

I'll assume it's an isolated incident, and not go off on a morning of 'the country is falling apart' dailymailesque hand wringing...but I'm soooo close. The left eye has started twitching...
    Surely that should be the right one?

Here's an idea for local government: let the local MP appoint a cabinet to run the local government. That way the local MP is accountable for the actions of the council and everyone knows who their MP is. Plus, it means that MPs will be elected on the basis of their performance not on their party and we'd also remove an unnecessary layer of elected officials. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    I'm sure the Council is full of rational, sensible peopl...hahahahaahaha...sorry, where was I?
    :laugh:

I'm pos repping you for that

ReputationRep:
    What a waste of time and resources!

ReputationRep:
    Surely that should be the right one?

Here's an idea for local government: let the local MP appoint a cabinet to run the local government. That way the local MP is accountable for the actions of the council and everyone knows who their MP is. Plus, it means that MPs will be elected on the basis of their performance not on their party and we'd also remove an unnecessary layer of elected officials. Any ideas?
    You've got some really good ideas. IMO, much better than the current council system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    You've got some really good ideas. IMO, much better than the current council system.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/6943734.stm

What does everyone think?

Threatened, but still.

Discuss.
    The T-shirt wearer actually does look as though he hides bodies. Ha ha.

ReputationRep:
    God help the poor buggers wearing "Jesus is a ****" T-shirts...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.