The Student Room Group

So how is it going so far

Hello guys how is uni treating you?

Where do you go?

What do you study?

Do you have you got accommodation or are you commuting from home?

If you are commuting how long is your commute?

What do you wish you knew before getting there?

Would you change anything? e.g would you rather live in halls

It's not for any reason I'm just curious really.
Original post by jonathanemptage

Where do you go?

What do you study?

Do you have you got accommodation or are you commuting from home?

What do you wish you knew before getting there?

Would you change anything? e.g would you rather live in halls

Swansea

CompSci (integrated masters)

I'm in the student village, in a 'house' (lol, basically a small version of a hall) of 8 in "neighbourhood"/cul de sac of mostly similar houses. We all share 1 shower because the other bathroom only has a bath - no shower. It's pretty nifty though, almost 2k people in the same student village area and a 10-20 min bus ride to the main campus and a 40 odd one to the bay campus. Though I'm made to believe this is the last year the student village will be around.

1. How busy life is: It's very, very difficult to anticipate how much less free personal time you have when you live with other people the same age as you who like to party/talk a lot, lectures, socieities, talks, independent study, coursework etc etc

2. I wish I knew my way around a bit more in advance.. missed a few lectures and initial society meets from just lack of knowing any direction

3. Like a list of compulsory things you need to sign up for: doctors, dentists etc..

4. A note to myself: don't ask out a neighbour/coursemate after 1 week of uni, the awkwardness after isn't worth it

5. Wish I knew how lethal and accessible overdrafts were

Not really, aside from being slightly more organized and not causing as much drama.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jonathanemptage

Where do you go? Sunderland University

What do you study? Biomedical Science

Do you have you got accommodation or are you commuting from home? Accommodation so only 5 minutes away

What do you wish you knew before getting there? Learn some chemistry as your gonna need it.

Would you change anything? e.g would you rather live in halls.. Probably not to go as wild as I did with my student loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending