Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys how is uni treating you?

Where do you go?

What do you study?

Do you have you got accommodation or are you commuting from home?

If you are commuting how long is your commute?

What do you wish you knew before getting there?

Would you change anything? e.g would you rather live in halls

It's not for any reason I'm just curious really.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)

Where do you go?

What do you study?

Swansea

CompSci (integrated masters)

I'm in the student village, in a 'house' (lol, basically a small version of a hall) of 8 in "neighbourhood"/cul de sac of mostly similar houses. We all share 1 shower because the other bathroom only has a bath - no shower. It's pretty nifty though, almost 2k people in the same student village area and a 10-20 min bus ride to the main campus and a 40 odd one to the bay campus. Though I'm made to believe this is the last year the student village will be around.

1. How busy life is: It's very, very difficult to anticipate how much less free personal time you have when you live with other people the same age as you who like to party/talk a lot, lectures, socieities, talks, independent study, coursework etc etc

2. I wish I knew my way around a bit more in advance.. missed a few lectures and initial society meets from just lack of knowing any direction

3. Like a list of compulsory things you need to sign up for: doctors, dentists etc..

4. A note to myself: don't ask out a neighbour/coursemate after 1 week of uni, the awkwardness after isn't worth it

5. Wish I knew how lethal and accessible overdrafts were

Not really, aside from being slightly more organized and not causing as much drama.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where do you go?
    LSE

What do you study?
    Law

Got accommodation in halls for the first year

About 25-30 minutes on foot, a bit shorter (but not much, sadly) with the bus or the Tube

Just how much **** needs to be done in Freshers' (not just GPs, but registering for all sorts of things ranging from student accounts, student Oyster cards, etc)
    That London is a tiring place if you're active and do societies/networking events etc. - a lot of time is spent merely getting to places, perhaps more so than in smaller towns where everything is concentrated in the city center.

I would have bought a Freshers' wristband, as I ended up spending about as much without it.
    I would have gotten started on the first week reading earlier, as I've now had to skip large parts of it simply because of the pressures of second week (classes and so on). I'll have to catch up with it during the reading week or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)

Where do you go? Sunderland University

What do you study? Biomedical Science

Do you have you got accommodation or are you commuting from home? Accommodation so only 5 minutes away

What do you wish you knew before getting there? Learn some chemistry as your gonna need it.

Would you change anything? e.g would you rather live in halls.. Probably not to go as wild as I did with my student loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.