Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Percy here,
    i need some advice on what to say to this girl.
    i have fancied her for ages and i think she knows, but i dont if she feels the same way.
    I want to tell her but i dont know how to, i dont want to sound desperate or wierd and freak her out. what can i say?
    i feel really stupid posting me problem up on here, but i need some advice...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    why dont you just ask her? Its not the end of the world. Acting all shy gets nobody anywhere

ReputationRep:
    As someone on here's signature says

"He who asks is a fool for 15 seconds, he who doesnt ask remains a fool forever"

or something like that. An old Chinese proverb.

ReputationRep:

just found out she's with someone!
    thats made it harder now/ :eek:

(Original post by PercyWerthers)

Ok, this changes things. Now your first problem is where to hide this new guy's body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    Ok, this changes things. Now your first problem is where to hide this new guy's body.
    lol.
    my life is ruined

ReputationRep:

Well thats it then . Sorry mate.

lol.
    my life is ruined
    Don't say that! I have exactly the same problem. I tell you what, you do it with a wrench and I'll use a knife.

We can meet up on UKL and compare notes, and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)

"He who asks is a fool for 15 seconds, he who doesnt ask remains a fool forever"

That proverb isn't about asking someone out - it's about knowledge and the value of it. It's saying if you don't know something and asking it may make you look a fool (for not knowing), it may be better to ask and suffer that fate than that of a lifetime of ignorance.

As relevant as that is, it misses the point as to why he hasn't asked the girl already. I don't think it's because he's afraid of being a fool, but of being rejected.

As the other person said, just ask - what's the worst that could happen? What is it you're holding on to that you think you will lose? Your friendship? Your image? Your dreams?

As for not knowing if she likes you or not - unless you ask her, you'll know nothing. Unfortunately for you, (most) girls, as a result of their insecurities, aren't going to make any moves unless they're entirely sure you like them and they have strong feelings for you. So if you do nothing, nothing will happen - simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    lol.
    my life is ruined
    lol

ReputationRep:
    tell her you like girls who are tighter than a man's anus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    tell her you like girls who are tighter than a man's anus
    Not in your case...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    so getting rejected = no girl
    and not saying anything = no girl

I would rather be rejected and know where I stand to be honest. There is always the chance of recriprocal feelings

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    i know waht to do now.
    just wording it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)

The wisdom of the ancient Chinese.

Confucius, he say: "Never eat soup outside during rainstorm - you never finish."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    why dont you just ask her? Its not the end of the world. Acting all shy gets nobody anywhere
    agreed - girls like self confidence

ReputationRep:
    Percy here,
    i need some advice on what to say to this girl.
    i have fancied her for ages and i think she knows, but i dont if she feels the same way.
    I want to tell her but i dont know how to, i dont want to sound desperate or wierd and freak her out. what can i say?
    i feel really stupid posting me problem up on here, but i need some advice...

just asl her out, ur gonna have to do that sonner or later, and well, in the worst case, might as well end the pain :rolleyes:

(Original post by Mr White)
    The wisdom of the ancient Chinese.

Confucius, he say: "Never eat soup outside during rainstorm - you never finish."
    Best proverb ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Best proverb ever.
    And applicable to most aspects of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    just asl her out, ur gonna have to do that sonner or later, and well, in the worst case, might as well end the pain :rolleyes:
    she is with someone though

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.