PS4 Or PS4 Pro?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    So about two weeks ago, my stupid brother decided it would be a good idea to sell our Xbox One for a ps4. He never told me anything, so i found out myself. When I asked him why he sold it, he said he wanted to save up for a ps4, as it offered more good games he wanted give a go.I got pissed at him because i spent half of my savings and he spent his half aswell, just to buy the xbox one. I know i sound i may sound selfish or might be making a big deal out of nothing, but we only had the xbox one for about 3 months which may seem like a long time, but during these months i didn't have time to play as i was sitting alot of exams and was studying, so i thought after i finished, i'll have plenty of free time to spare.So now, i'm left decided to buy the PS4 original or pro. I don't really care much about 4k gaming, are there really any other reasons to wait for the Pro to be released instead?

ReputationRep:
    Your brother sounds quite daft. Just what are you supposed to do with your existing Xbox One games? :erm:

The PS4 Pro looks pretty pointless to me really. Unless you're planning to try out VR, there's just no benefit to it except perhaps fractionally faster loading times. So I'd opt for the original or slim version, and use the extra cash to buy games - no point in an ultra-shiny console if you don't have anything to play on it after all.

ReputationRep:
    Well, given that 4k is basically a gimmick anyway there is no point wasting money on it, but then selling one console for another is generally a waste too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Your brother sounds quite daft. Just what are you supposed to do with your existing Xbox One games? :erm:

The PS4 Pro looks pretty pointless to me really. Unless you're planning to try out VR, there's just no benefit to it except perhaps fractionally faster loading times. So I'd opt for the original or slim version, and use the extra cash to buy games - no point in an ultra-shiny console if you don't have anything to play on it after all.
    I'll probably have to sell my games to pre-owned games store, or put them up on ebay.

I'm am interested in trying out the VR, but i heard it's compatible with the original PS4 i think. I reckon it'll be while till they release any exclusives for it, so i'll stick with buying the PS4 slim for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lt-Pancakes)
    So about two weeks ago, my stupid brother decided it would be a good idea to sell our Xbox One for a ps4. He never told me anything, so i found out myself. When I asked him why he sold it, he said he wanted to save up for a ps4, as it offered more good games he wanted give a go.I got pissed at him because i spent half of my savings and he spent his half aswell, just to buy the xbox one. I know i sound i may sound selfish or might be making a big deal out of nothing, but we only had the xbox one for about 3 months which may seem like a long time, but during these months i didn't have time to play as i was sitting alot of exams and was studying, so i thought after i finished, i'll have plenty of free time to spare.So now, i'm left decided to buy the PS4 original or pro. I don't really care much about 4k gaming, are there really any other reasons to wait for the Pro to be released instead?
    ask him for your half of the money back if he says no talk to your parents unless you actually want the ps4 in which case go for the base the pro doesn't really seem to have that much over the cheaper basic console.

ReputationRep:
    First let me start by saying your brother sounds like the selfish one, not you.

And to answer your question, the PS4 pro offers nothing essential over the PS4, although it's worth noting that towards the end of the last console generation, the Xbox 360 Elite could play games the regular 360 could not, such as GTA5. That may very well be the case here in 4 years time.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have a 4K TV there's no point in a Pro.

But imagine how many people have bought a Pro with a regular HD TV thinking they're getting 4K. Sony have another great scam going, right after releasing a PS4 then just re-releasing a load of PS3 games and getting people to re-buy them too.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.