AS critical thinking Watch

This discussion is closed.
hihihihi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i'm starting year 13 in Sept and my school is starting a pilot AS critical thinking course then. is it a course worth doing and well recognised by universities? i'm applying for medicine
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
i'm starting year 13 in Sept and my school is starting a pilot AS critical thinking course then. is it a course worth doing and well recognised by universities? i'm applying for medicine
I'm doing it when I go back in Sep too. You may as well do it, for the sake of one lesson a week. If you fail it who cares? It shows you have a range of skills, especially if you don't have many essay subjects. It doesn't count as much as an AS in say Chem or French etc etc, but it's still worth doing. I doubt it'd be mentioned in your grade requirements for uni either.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a really difficult course, and therefore should be thought of highly by universities. I started it, but dropped out because I got a D in the mock.
Rob24601
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would say it is a very good course to do if you are considering to apply for Law as the LNAT is effectively a glorified critical thinking paper. I just took my AS Critical Thinking in June and the book I was doing practice questions from took most of them from American law school admissions tests. And there is hardly any content to learn, its more learning the techniques and the ways of thinking which are what is needed.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1210)
79.66%
Leave (309)
20.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed