Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Ear infection made me immune to tonsillitis

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the ear infection was caused by the same thing that causes tonsillitis, and I was lucky not to get tonsillitis. My ear hurt like ****, but at least I am now immune from tonsillitis .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Apparently the ear infection was caused by the same thing that causes tonsillitis, and I was lucky not to get tonsillitis. My ear hurt like ****, but at least I am now immune from tonsillitis .
    Tonsillitis is just inflammation of the tonsils and can be caused by a variety of pathogenic agents - it's not possible to be immune from tonsillitis per se (i.e. you could get it again, this time caused by a different virus/bacteria), but you will have developed an immunity to whichever pathogen it was that caused the ear infection, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Tonsillitis is just inflammation of the tonsils and can be caused by a variety of pathogenic agents - it's not possible to be immune from tonsillitis per se (i.e. you could get it again, this time caused by a different virus/bacteria), but you will have developed an immunity to whichever pathogen it was that caused the ear infection, yes.
    Nice to know my GP was wrong

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.