Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hillary Clinton held back the knockout blow against Trump last night Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hillary Clinton held off delivering the knockout blow against Trump last night. The reason? If he stepped off the ticket and Mike Pence became the nominee, the election would probably be a closer race.

If she can just keep Trump on the ropes until the election she will romp home to victory on election day. But a new candidate stepping into the ring, at this point in the race, not having suffered 18 months of scrutiny, vetting and attacks, would probably do quite well against Clinton. It's only four more weeks to go; almost there.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/10/clint...he-ticket.html

The fact that last night was considered good for Trump shows just how low he has set the bar for himself. At this point it's very difficult to see how anyone could support Trump unless they are of substantially below-average intelligence or they have psychological issues or some kind of mental trauma that has caused them to become severely embittered.

This excerpt from the debate is case in point; Trump is asked a question about his joking about molesting women, he starts rambling bizarrely and then finishes the question talking about ISIS (his whole position on ISIS is bizarre; on the one hand he promotes isolationism and says Syria should be a "free zone" for ISIS, on the other he says we should "bomb the hell out of them". On the one hand he attacks the Iran deal, on the other he praises Iran for "fighting ISIS")

Trump really doesn't have any policies per se; voting for Trump is simply an expression of embitterment and mental confusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    The fact that last night was considered good for Trump shows just how low he has set the bar for himself. At this point it's very difficult to see how anyone could support Trump unless they are of substantially below-average intelligence or they have psychological issues or some kind of mental trauma that has caused them to become severely embittered.
    ...or, people might not want to vote for a known cyber and war criminal...with a history of legislative hypocrisy and accepting bribery...who only got into politics because of her presidential husband...

ReputationRep:
    Being an American must feel like **** at the moment. One of these clowns will end up running their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    ...or, people might not want to vote for a known cyber and war criminal...with a history of legislative hypocrisy and accepting bribery...who only got into politics because of her husband...
    If only there was more than 2 boxes to tick on the ballot...

Tbh i dont thinknClinton would habe too hard a time against Pence. The guy is basically a religous extremist and I dont thinkmit would be too hard to construct an anti-regressive narrative against him.

ReputationRep:

You make me guffaw.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, I don't usually use the word "guffaw", I thought I'd be a bit pompous :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.