medicine entry 2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    So i have got an ABC in my AS Levels and have been predicted an A*AB for my a levels. My UKCAT score if VR-470 QR-720 AR-790 SJ- Band 2.

which unis would you suggest me to apply to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimibal)
    So i have got an ABC in my AS Levels and have been predicted an A*AB for my a levels. My UKCAT score if VR-470 QR-720 AR-790 SJ- Band 2.

which unis would you suggest me to apply to ?
    I don't think anyone will even consider you because of the B unless you apply to a foundation year or come from a disadvantaged background

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    I don't think anyone will even consider you because of the B unless you apply to a foundation year or come from a disadvantaged background

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what are the requirements for foundation year?

ReputationRep:
    what are the requirements for foundation year?
    Depends on the uni, but generally you have to take non science subjects. You may also be eligible for lower offers (that might allow B's) if you go to a really *****y school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failingstudent98)
    Depends on the uni, but generally you have to take non science subjects. You may also be eligible for lower offers (that might allow B's) if you go to a really *****y school

Posted from TSR Mobile
    so i had a chat with my biology teacher and now my predicted grades are A*AA. Any suggestions for uni now?

ReputationRep:
    dude
    the entry deadline is in 4 days and you still haven't chosen unis? DEAR GOD

have you even done research?
    try this http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf it outlines weightings for different universities

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys know your predictions? My teachers don't tell us at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    dude
    the entry deadline is in 4 days and you still haven't chosen unis? DEAR GOD

have you even done research?
    try this http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf it outlines weightings for different universities
    i have done all this research. i have a few unis in mind but my problem is that my GCSE are not from here. i have other equivalent qualifications. so dont know which unis will accept them

ReputationRep:
    i have done all this research. i have a few unis in mind but my problem is that my GCSE are not from here. i have other equivalent qualifications. so dont know which unis will accept them
    Usually they say on the universities' actual website.

The best thing you can do right now is call up the universities individually and ask them, and do it ASAP.
    I know when I was calling up for enquiries last month some admissions closed at around 4pm during the weekdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    Usually they say on the universities' actual website.

The best thing you can do right now is call up the universities individually and ask them, and do it ASAP.
    I know when I was calling up for enquiries last month some admissions closed at around 4pm during the weekdays.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitae)
    How do you guys know your predictions? My teachers don't tell us at all...
    The teacher has to tell you or you don't know where to apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We ask yet they still don't tell us, should I just pester them?

ReputationRep:
    which uni has less competition ;
    St Georges university or Sheffield university ?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.