Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Medicine or chemical engineering?

ReputationRep:
    I love chemistry, biology and maths. I like the idea of the job prospects within chemical engineering but I am not a massive fan of physics and I don't know if I would particularly enjoy the content.

How do I decide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin1212)
    I love chemistry, biology and maths. I like the idea of the job prospects within chemical engineering but I am not a massive fan of physics and I don't know if I would particularly enjoy the content.

How do I decide?
    Medicine and engineering aren't really alike at all, so the best way to decide would be whichever one appeals to you the most: being a doctor or being an engineer.

Have you done work experience? Engineering work experience is very difficult to come by, but perhaps something related to medicine would help you ascertain whether you want to become a doctor or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munchkin1212)

How do I decide?
    Medicine is hugely competitive so if you're not really sure and not that bothered/ determined to get into medicine tbh its unlikely you will get a place. Engineering is very different to medicine and if you don't like physics maybe not the best idea? What about biochemistry?

ReputationRep:
    do not do chem. eng. if you don't like physics - chem. eng doesn't have much chemistry in it anyway

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.