Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Which do you prefer: a pen or a pencil? Why? Watch

• View Poll Results: Pens Versus Pencils: Which One is Better ?
    Pens
    78.31%
    Pencils
    21.69%

ReputationRep:
    I prefer pencil because they are erasable !
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  still_work_in_progress__ballpoint_pen_vs_pencil___by_cloelali11-d6ft24m.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  73.7 KB
    Which do you prefer ?

ReputationRep:
    Pens, easier to do tricks with

ReputationRep:
    Whoa! Did you draw that? It looks amazing! If you meant your picture, yeah I prefer pencil, personally, I think you get more tones and like you mentioned, they're erasable. But then, pens are neater and retains their form for a long time, whereas pencil markings may disappear in a period of time.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I prefer pens, I don't like the 'scratchiness' of pencils

ReputationRep:
    You get erasable pens too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetstars)
    Whoa! Did you draw that? It looks amazing! If you meant your picture, yeah I prefer pencil, personally, I think you get more tones and like you mentioned, they're erasable. But then, pens are neater and retains their form for a long time, whereas pencil markings may disappear in a period of time.
    No , i didn't !

ReputationRep:
    For writing or drawing? I prefer pens because erasing is effort.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The pen is mightier.

ReputationRep:
    They don't really erase that good... You can still see yellow marks that remain on your paper, sometimes they can rip a hole because rubbing lightly won't erase.
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    You get erasable pens too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pen. It makes my hand writing neat.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Pens. Less strain on your hand, not to mention that they're better weapons too.

ReputationRep:
    Pens

They're just that much easier to remove from the anal tract after a quiet night in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Pens. Less strain on your hand, not to mention that they're better weapons too.
    Looool especially of someones doing ur head in and u just fling it across the classroom on their head. Not that i ever did that myself lol😂😂😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Pens, you can get really nice pens and i love buying stationery (especially from staples and paperchase) plus pencil fades out over time.

ReputationRep:
    They don't really erase that good... You can still see yellow marks that remain on your paper, sometimes they can rip a hole because rubbing lightly won't erase.
    Get the proper ones not the cheap ones lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm not rich, am I? I get the pilot - frixion one and jeesh, they're already so expensive for me. XD I would rather use a normal pen and tippex or just a pencil.
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Get the proper ones not the cheap ones lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pens/pencils
    Pens run out quickly and i always lose them so at that time a pencil comes as the saviour.
    However if you want to write without putting that much holding effort then pens are the best and if you don't have to sharpen your pen every 10 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm not rich, am I? I get the pilot - frixion one and jeesh, they're already so expensive for me. XD I would rather use a normal pen and tippex or just a pencil.
    Lol I love those. They'll save you money on tippex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.