Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Has Donald Trump lost the election now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel that he has any chance now to even have a close result? I reckon the polls are going to a landslide for Hillary, especially because of what I call "shy Clintons". Not everyone wants to say that they're voting for Hillary.

This is why I think he's bound to flop (and flop HARD):
    1) His leaked video tape
    2) His poor debate performances.
    3) His poor performance among minority voters.
    4) Shy Clinton supporters- people don't want to say they're voting for someone 'establishment' like the Tories in the 2015 UK election.
    5) He is losing heavily in Pennsylvania and struggling in Ohio. The swing states will determine who wins and Trump is not doing too well in them.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure. Trump has a tendency to bounce back after each mishap.

And not everyone wants to say they're voting for Trump, either.

Anyway, I hope he wins. I've got $50 riding on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Not sure. Trump has a tendency to bounce back after each mishap.

And not everyone wants to say they're voting for Trump, either.

Anyway, I hope he wins. I've got $50 riding on it.
    What are the odds? I might stick a ton.

ReputationRep:
    I think he'll lose but not by the landslide many are predicting, many people don't want to voice their support for him similar to how many people didn't want to be vocal about their support for Brexit, for fear of being called racist ect

ReputationRep:
    he wasn't that bad in the debate the media just says he was because of their bias. The Bookies and the media always predict that what they want to happen will happen. I really cannot predict this one but I think it will be close and Trump has a good chance. The media can say what they like but the real issues that bother people are not going away, the fact remains if we don't get trump this time round we will likely get someone far worse then trump down the line.

here is something I am scared to admit in public I condemn trump because whenever I say anything against clinton or any excuse for trump I get labelled racist. However if I was in that voting booth right now and could vote (I can't I am not american) I would vote Trump.

there are many people that silently feel this way, they may be afraid to say it in public but they won't be afraid to vote it. That is why this one is so unpredictable. The odds on trump are far to generous I really should stake a wager at this point.

ReputationRep:
    He's fully ****ed now lol
    No chance

I personally think Clinton will win 49 to 42

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    What are the odds? I might stick a ton.
    Oh it's just something I got going with a buddy of mine.

ReputationRep:
    No. People stupid enough to vote for him don't care. They will listen to his **** talking of Bill and be like wow Trump is great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman1)
    Oh it's just something I got going with a buddy of mine.
    Damn

I'll check them out myself. Good luck, not that you'll need it

ReputationRep:
    I put £35 on trump I would put more but then the number in my poker account wouldn't be round.

ReputationRep:
    Trump is not your traditional candidate but he is someone a large proportion of Americans would like to see as their President, even if he is not the most 'likeable' individual. Trump's appeal is less to do with partisan politics and more to challenge the establishment views.
    What many in the mainstream fail to understand is that Trump's appeal has crossed all boundaries. Although the majority of his support during the primaries was from white, working-class Americans, his message has also appealed to a wider audience.

You're absolutely right in suggesting that the minority vote matters, but either way this will not be sufficient to ensure a Clinton win. Moreover, far too many underestimate just how disliked Hillary is, especially amongst the people we would view as her 'core' electorate.

ReputationRep:
    Too many Americans vote republican because they're a republican. I don't think the recent scandal will have as much of an influence as the media are stating. It will still be close, my money is on Hillary.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of advance voting has happened before the latest story about him broke so this isn't a definitive turning point. Realistically, I can't see him winning now, and finally Paul Ryan grew a pair, so that helps. But I don't think Hilary will win by a landslide and her unpopularity makes any potential presidency fraught with problems from Day One.

ReputationRep:
    Trump'll win. It'll be just like Brexit - the liberals are too smug and not putting any effort in, this will allow the silent Trump supporters to sneak past them and snatch it from right under their greedy noses.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt he ever really had a chance tbh.

They are both highly objectionable power-crazed people with dubious moral standards and track records. However the media tide seems to be with Clinton at the moment.

Thankfully whoever wins will probably be blocked by the other party winning in Congress so they won't actually be able to do anything in power..

ReputationRep:
    There is 4 weeks until the election, there are reports that there are going to be damning leaks from wikileaks and the courts are releasing more emails I believe if anyone thinks that it is over now then they are mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be surprised to see him win but wouldn't rule it out. Far too many Americans, particularly those on the degenerate right, identity with his intellectual limitations and moral bankruptcy.

ReputationRep:
    I am amazed that she isn't much farther ahead in the polls. I think we don't see the full story here as most of the MSM are on her side. She is surprisingly despised by many in the USA.
    As for shy HRC supporters, I'm afraid I'm not buying that.
    There may be some but I get the impression that the numbers would be swamped by those who are avoiding admitting in public that they support trump. . He is being slaughtered on TV and online and his supporters are spat on and attacked. There is even an attempt to organise a Boycott of Jimmy Felons show because he ruffled Trumps hair when he was a guest recently. How dare he treat him the same as he would Clinton? Lets see if we can cost him his career...that'll teach him.
    It reminds me of when John Major had a surprise win over Kinnock.
    Hundreds of Tories were unwilling to say they were supporting Major but when they got into the polling booth they told the truth.
    Clintons best bet is another tape coming out. There are rumours of harsher stuff from the out takes of the Apprentice USA and if it exists and gets into the hands of any of the main stream media there is a very good chance of it being used against him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    Trump'll win. It'll be just like Brexit - the liberals are too smug and not putting any effort in, this will allow the silent Trump supporters to sneak past them and snatch it from right under their greedy noses.
    for once I hope you are right.

ReputationRep:
    people will forgive Mr T anything.... even if a video of him pleasuring a rhinoceros surfaces he will just keep going...

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.