biomedical scientist NHS

    • Thread Starter

    what type of a biomedical scientist in the NHS would you say interacts with patients?

    I'm thinking of transferring from sport rehabilitation to healthcare science, as I found that sport rehab wouldn't open many doors. on the future prospects for healthcare science, I found that I can register for HCPC and work as a biomedical scientist in the NHS, however I would really want to be interacting with patients, which is why I wanted to do physiotherapy in the first place, but wasn't able to do I did sport rehab.

    can someone please shine some light on this. thank yo7

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    Have you looked at job profiles and case studies of these professions? They're all available online.

    I currently work in Microbiology as a Biomedical Scientist and we have no patient contact.

    Some areas of biochemistry I believe have some patient contact, albeit barely notable, when they do their 24 hour urine tests when they have to tell the patient what they require but I believe they have their AP's do this (Band 3-4) instead of the Biomedical Scientist's (Band 5+).

    None of the pathology areas have any patient contact really.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.