Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

AOSB Medical Examination

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I do hope you're well.

I have applied for the 2017 Sandhurst Scholarship Competition and today received an email regarding the upcoming medical examination.

If anyone has ever had an army medical examination, or knows anyone who has, I would appreciate their help in answering a question I have.

Are there any fitness tests at all involved? I am not yet at the required level of fitness and am a little worried that I will be asked to do press ups, sit ups, running etc.

I should be okay for a bit of running but I do please need to know if I'll be required to do anything else so that I am prepared and that nothing is unexpected.

Thank you very much,
    Banana

ReputationRep:
    when i did mine last year they made me do press ups and sit ups and then i failed my medical because i couldn't do the press up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by REforever)
    when i did mine last year they made me do press ups and sit ups and then i failed my medical because i couldn't do the press up
    I'm sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful. How many press ups and sit ups did they ask you to do?
    Will you try again?

Banana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    I'm sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful. How many press ups and sit ups did they ask you to do?
    Will you try again?

Banana
    I was the only one there that had to do them so it was a bit annoying so i wouldn't worry. No i'm not going to attempt it again as it is not want i want anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many times you can attempt the medical, if the issue is one that can be fixed?

ReputationRep:
    not completely related as I'm applying for the raf, but during my medical I was asked to perform some press ups. the most you will need to do is around 5, the doctor that assessed me said it was just to check that your arms and joints move in the correct way. so as long as you can do a couple you will be fine, at the end of the day its a medical examination not a fitness test.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: January 22, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.