Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm attracted to a girl that doesn't want me and not attracted to one that does? Watch

Announcements

Hello all

I like this girl physically. I don't really know her too well, but she's part of our friendship group. Her boyfriend is a good friend of me, and I'd never want to break them apart (he was part of the friendship group too before). When I saw her a while ago before she got with her boyfriend I actually found her more attractive than when I saw her recently. Still for some reason it bothers me and I feel bad.

There's another girl that's also part of our friendship group whom I know a lot better. I know she likes me and I feel really guilty, I just don't find her attractive. She's not objectively unattractive I think, she gets plenty of attention (objectively she might not even be less attractive than the former girl). I like her personality, but more as a friend, but I feel like perhaps I would see her in a different light if she was attractive to me. Again feel terrible, feel shallow, I don't want to lose her as a friend.

Dunno what to do, I really love this friendship group. I don't think it'd work out with either girl, and more I just want to be cool with the situation. But being there just makes me feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    I think Shakespeare had a solution to this sort of issue...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Read A Midsummer's Night's Dream to find out more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello all

I like this girl physically. I don't really know her too well, but she's part of our friendship group. Her boyfriend is a good friend of me, and I'd never want to break them apart (he was part of the friendship group too before). When I saw her a while ago before she got with her boyfriend I actually found her more attractive than when I saw her recently. Still for some reason it bothers me and I feel bad.

There's another girl that's also part of our friendship group whom I know a lot better. I know she likes me and I feel really guilty, I just don't find her attractive. She's not objectively unattractive I think, she gets plenty of attention (objectively she might not even be less attractive than the former girl). I like her personality, but more as a friend, but I feel like perhaps I would see her in a different light if she was attractive to me. Again feel terrible, feel shallow, I don't want to lose her as a friend.

Dunno what to do, I really love this friendship group. I don't think it'd work out with either girl, and more I just want to be cool with the situation. But being there just makes me feel awkward.
    Turn it into a TV script, call it something cheesy like "Its complicated" or "20 somethings" make an intro using an indie song. Kinda like New Girl's intro song and make big bucks!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello all

Come on mate you are grown up and u should know what to do ....

(Original post by Treblebee)
    I think Shakespeare had a solution to this sort of issue...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Read A Midsummer's Night's Dream to find out more
    Not sure, know it's about unrequited love and love potions but not much into Shakespeare to infer the solution from it.

(Original post by UnknownItalian)
    Come on mate you are grown up and u should know what to do ....
    No idea. Try me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.