Are these uni choices too ambitious? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The entry requirements for the 5 universities I'm looking at are:
    A*AA
    AAA
    AAA
    AAB
    ABB
    Do you think that I should replace one of the AAA's with a university with lower entry requirements for a safe back up or leave them as they are? I am predicted A*AA but I don't think predicted grades are a good method of picking Unis....

ReputationRep:
    seems fine

ReputationRep:
    You have an ABB university so you should be fine. I'm assuming you are intelligent enough to know what you can and can't get, ABB is not that hard to get imo but idk about you

ReputationRep:
    We are in almost similar positions. My choices are:
    A*AA
    AAA
    AAB
    AAB
    ABB

And I'm predicted A*AA but I don't know if my predicted grades are enough. I have to be accepted jnto one though haha for me it's about getting those offers, I know what I can achieve at the end of A2. Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    You have an ABB university so you should be fine. I'm assuming you are intelligent enough to know what you can and can't get, ABB is not that hard to get imo but idk about you
    Thank you for the polite and helpful answer, rare on TSR nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaaayxp)
    We are in almost similar positions. My choices are:
    A*AA
    AAA
    AAB
    AAB
    ABB

And I'm predicted A*AA but I don't know if my predicted grades are enough. I have to be accepted jnto one though haha for me it's about getting those offers, I know what I can achieve at the end of A2. Good luck though!
    Wow, almost identical! So worried about receiving offers more than anything tbh. Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glib)
    Wow, almost identical! So worried about receiving offers more than anything tbh. Good luck to you too
    Thanks! What subject are you applying for by the way?

ReputationRep:
    guys I'm predicted AAA are these okay

AAA
    AAA
    AAB
    ABB
    BBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samantham999)
    guys I'm predicted AAA are these okay

AAA
    AAA
    AAB
    ABB
    BBB
    In my opinion those look like a good and reasonable range of universities based on entry requirements Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Don't let the nerve of sending off your UCAS application, getting references in, hearing everybody talk about universities etc make you doubt your abilities.

I was predicted A*A*A and put down a BBC choice - it was a completely wasted choice. You know what you can do - pick two choices below, two on par, and one above. At the moment it's about getting the offers. When you come to pick your firm and insurance, that's when you decide what is achievable based on what you've been offered :-) Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaaayxp)
    In my opinion those look like a good and reasonable range of universities based on entry requirements Good luck!
    Thanks you too x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna.Karenina)
    Don't let the nerve of sending off your UCAS application, getting references in, hearing everybody talk about universities etc make you doubt your abilities.

I was predicted A*A*A and put down a BBC choice - it was a completely wasted choice. You know what you can do - pick two choices below, two on par, and one above. At the moment it's about getting the offers. When you come to pick your firm and insurance, that's when you decide what is achievable based on what you've been offered :-) Good luck!
    Great advice! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    AAC Predicted( Want to study Economics and Finance)
    AABAABAABABB
    BBB
    Is that reasonable or should I have one AAA or another BBB or ABB
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life.of.pablo)
    AAC Predicted( Want to study Economics and Finance)
    AABAABAABABB
    BBB
    Is that reasonable or should I have one AAA or another BBB or ABB
    This thread is in the Engineering forum...

But no matter the course it may well depend on which subjects your AAC are in anyway and their relevance for the course. e.g. a C in Maths could be a bigger problem than a C in a less "relevant" subject.

ReputationRep:
    It should be fine

It depends if you think your predictions are realistic. I'm predicted A*AA but I only got AAB at AS, so I'm kind of working on the basis that AAA-AAB is a more realistic prediction for me, and I'm probably applying to:
    AAA
    AAB
    ABB
    ABB
    BBB

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.