Is Bill Clinton A rapist?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (SATIRE IMAGE)

(Sources of title)
    Based on:

A quick google image search of "Rapist" Bill comes up first.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7353441.html

ReputationRep:
    Was Bill Clinton ever tried and found guilty or are these just accusations? I genuinely don't know. Donald Trump, Milo Yiannopolous and many of Hillary's opponents keep speaking of it as if its been proven. But if it was proven, then how come he is not in prison?

I am saying this as a fan of neither presidential candidates.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing proven, an accusation has surfaced after 40 years of (alleged) silence by the alleged victim. There are witnesses who claim to corroborate her physical appearance after the alleged assault also those who claim the the alleged victim told them of the alleged assault shortly after.
    There are many concerning factors which give credence to the allegations, but unfortunately after 40 years there's real difficulty in corroborating any side of this story.
    Check out the article i read from Huffington Post for yourself or better yet find more articles and post them up here!
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57...b0e655eab54dee

I would like to say I'm sorry to all victims of rape, it's a terrible disgusting thing. Please don't be offended by my use of the word 'alleged' in this post I just wanted to be clear about the legal situation both the lady and man in question are in.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, I'm not sure. It wasn't proved was it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    (SATIRE IMAGE)

(Sources of title)
    Based on:

A quick google image search of "Rapist" Bill comes up first.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7353441.html
    LOL, its Hilary running not Bill, its not the 1990s.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the eyes of the law. Should we be judging his wife on the basis of his immoral behaviour?

ReputationRep:
    :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Not in the eyes of the law. Should we be judging his wife on the basis of his immoral behaviour?
    She's not being judged for his actions but for her handling of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Hillary intimidated and silenced many of the victims with threats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lollypop100)
    Hillary intimidated and silenced many of the victims with threats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Proof?

ReputationRep:
    It's possible, although I would apply "innocent until proven guilty" in this situation. If there is compelling evidence that he is a rapist, even if the case never goes to court then I will be more inclined to say that he is. I find it strange that Trump is bringing these accusations as "proof", even though multiple women have accused Trump himself of sexual abuse and rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    It's possible, although I would apply "innocent until proven guilty" in this situation. If there is compelling evidence that he is a rapist, even if the case never goes to court then I will be more inclined to say that he is. I find it strange that Trump is bringing these accusations as "proof", even though multiple women have accused Trump himself of sexual abuse and rape.

The problem is the victim has revoked and reissued statements about the case, the key witnesses all had motive to lie and I believe her husband at the time didn't remember anything of the assault. There could well be a case but a lot of it could be discredited by a skill lawyer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    well then they have no basis either.

funny how feminists get triggered when someone gets raped and isn’t convicted but gives Bill Clinton a free pass.

ReputationRep:
    People fail to see the reality and jump to stupid and damaging conclusions.

They were allegations - one was proven to be guilty and nothing came out of them in terms of the law.

Perhaps we ought to turn our heads to Trump. We've all heard his nasty comments about women and the recent video released in which he boats about groping women. Then there's the number of rape cases against him - one of them regarding a minor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Good Doctor)
    Was Bill Clinton ever tried and found guilty or are these just accusations? I genuinely don't know. Donald Trump, Milo Yiannopolous and many of Hillary's opponents keep speaking of it as if its been proven. But if it was proven, then how come he is not in prison?

I am saying this as a fan of neither presidential candidates.
    There are no convictions, but there is at least one settlement, although I would assume to avoid the lengthy legal battle giving bad press and taking a lot of time rather than to avoid a guilty verdict.

Trump, Milo et al aren't really using it against Bill, he's an "innocent bystander" even if that isn't a very accurate term, it's about Hillary and the accusations that are levelled against her, painting her as a hypocrite in several ways on the matter, damaging her character further when she's already in a weaker position there (or at least was a week ago) while taking a holier than thou position.

ReputationRep:
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    The problem is the victim has revoked and reissued statements about the case, the key witnesses all had motive to lie and I believe her husband at the time didn't remember anything of the assault. There could well be a case but a lot of it could be discredited by a skill lawyer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    well then they have no basis either.

funny how feminists get triggered when someone gets raped and isn’t convicted but gives Bill Clinton a free pass.
    I'm not saying that Trump did it (I apply the same standards to him) but if he is using these accusations as a basis to "prove" that Bill Clinton is a rapist, it starts to look like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

It makes sense to get triggered if there is a rape accusation with no conviction if the evidence points to the accused being guilty. If there is such evidence I will support this smear campaign, if not then I am not going to insist that he is a rapist.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if Bill is a rapist or not. I've not seen the evidence for it. But Hillary did go out of her way to try to destroy his accusers.

What's worse though is its proven fact that she did laugh and joke about getting off a child molester - dispite knowing he did it - by smearing the 12-year-old accuser in court when she was a lawyer. I know it's her job but the way she laughed and joked about it was truly vile.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    Maybe, I'm not sure. It wasn't proved was it.
    Er, Yes it was . He payed out 850,000 dollars.

He lied under oath too.

ReputationRep:
    Innocent until proven guilty.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is your room a tip?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.