Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    During AS I got AABBU - in English language, English literature, Law, Critical Thinking and Biology respectively. I am doing the extended project this year and I am predicted A*A*A at a-level but I'm scared I've messed up my chances with my U. I have a really strong personal statement and providing I score well in my LNAT, do I even have a shot?
    I've applied to do Law(LLB) UCL, KCL, QMUL, University of Surrey and Oxford(just because I might as well at least try). But I feel like I've aimed too high.
    Also this is my first ever post and I don't know if I've even done it right - I usually just hover, account-less.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you still have a shot! If it's the same as when I applied for university in 2011, [which I accept it may not be], they only see your predicted grades, not your AS grades. So as far as they're concerned you're an A* / A student.

Then you just need to accept an offer and use the rest of your time to try and work up to those grades. It can be done. I got ABBC or something at AS, and A*A*A D at A2.

Also, well done for going for Oxford even though you're unsure. I avoided Oxbridge purely because I assumed I wouldn't stand a chance, and now I'll never know!

Good luck anyway. Don't take days off, revise hard, get as much help as you can, you can do it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.