Best Unis for Graphic Design within England?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I want to do Graphic Design at uni coming Sept. 2017.
    At the moment I've looked into Bath Spa, Nottingham Trent, and Ravensbourne.

What do you think of these choices?
    What do you suggest?

I'm a bit dis-interested in UAL as I've been to CSM twice (and was on one of their Art & Design Courses in 2014) and didn't enjoy it as much as I think I could've, and don't think that I will be spending my time there doing what I would like to, and I don't think it's the right place for me. Maybe I'm wrong.
    What are your opinions on LCC and CSM for Graphic Design?

I've heard good and bad things about Brighton, so my opinion is slightly mixed.
    Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Help please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ewandernoth)

What do you suggest?

I'm a bit dis-interested in UAL as I've been to CSM twice (and was on one of their Art & Design Courses in 2014) and didn't enjoy it as much as I think I could've, and don't think that I will be spending my time there doing what I would like to, and I don't think it's the right place for me. Maybe I'm wrong.

Please help!
    Brighton yes. Also UWE, UCA, AUB, NUA, ECA, GSA (art schools/universities LOVE TLAs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Brighton yes. Also UWE, UCA, AUB, NUA, ECA, GSA (art schools/universities LOVE TLAs)
    What are TLAs?

ReputationRep:
    What are TLAs?
    Three Letter Acronyms

ReputationRep:
    What are TLAs?
    UWE - University of West of England (in Bristol)
    UCA - University for the Creative Arts (in Farnham and a few other places)
    AUB - Arts University Bournemouth
    NUA - Norwich University of the Arts
    ECA - Edinburgh College of Arts (now part of Edinburgh University)
    GSA - Glasgow School of Art (NOT part of Glasgow Uni)

I realise on rereading you were asking for English universities so the last two probably aren't options.

Falmouth is also worth a look (but they don't have a TLA :moon: )
    Also WSA (Winchester School of Art) is part of University of Southampton and worth checking on too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    UWE - University of West of England (in Bristol)
    UCA - University for the Creative Arts (in Farnham and a few other places)
    AUB - Arts University Bournemouth
    NUA - Norwich University of the Arts
    ECA - Edinburgh College of Arts (now part of Edinburgh University)
    GSA - Glasgow School of Art (NOT part of Glasgow Uni)

I realise on rereading you were asking for English universities so the last two probably aren't options.

Falmouth is also worth a look (but they don't have a TLA :moon: )
    Also WSA (Winchester School of Art) is part of University of Southampton and worth checking on too
    Alright, thank you

ReputationRep:
    Any more responses?

ReputationRep:
    No?

ReputationRep:
    No?
    Maybe try posting in the stickied GD applicants thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4286528

Some of the other applicants might have some ideas if you quote/tag them.

ReputationRep:

What do you suggest?

Please help!
    Hey there

Check our BA Graphic Design course ! 3 years duration and the requirements you need is all in the website!

Also other Ravensbourne courses you might be interested in! To see it for yourself come and visit us so you can talk and meet current students and tutors! Get your tickets for the Open day!

Hope this helps,
    Ahlia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravensbourne)
    Hey there

Check our BA Graphic Design course ! 3 years duration and the requirements you need is all in the website!

Also other Ravensbourne courses you might be interested in! To see it for yourself come and visit us so you can talk and meet current students and tutors! Get your tickets for the Open day!

Hope this helps,
    Ahlia
    The OP mentioned Ravensbourne as somewhere she had already looked into

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.