What Is The Quintessential Essence Of The British? watch

Announcements
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rex Mundi)
    have to agree with the football hooligans. although I feel a worse thing is pikeys and townies.....i mean, who are they and what are they doing here?
    I have a theory on the scottish ones. They all originate from glasgow and once a year they make a pilgrimage to Dundee where they breed. Eventually over time, new breeds emerged; burberry cap wearers, socks outside trousers, etc. They emerge through families. (Ned parents make their children to run around in stupid clothes with stupid accents) thus we must cut them off at the source.

ReputationRep:
    The only way to slow down this degeneration is if the current parents act tougher. I believe that some children are genuinely born bad and that they can't really control it but the majority receive little or no discipline from their parents at all. Their parents don't give a crap about where they go out at 9 in the evening. They probably even know that their kids are hanging around somewhere with some delinquents but don't give a crap and can't wait until they are 18 and then kick them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Coupling (although its one of my favourite shows ever) is just a remake of a little known American show called Friends. Although on the whole I agree about our humour being mostly witty. It's also mostly character based, with nearly all of those programmes listed concentrating on just one individual. Again in most cases its a character with many flaws who always makes an arse of themselves, but who we love, simply because they carry another traditionally British trait of being persitent and never giving up, regardless of the odds.
    On the DVD of the third series, the writers (a husband and wife team, if memory serves me correctly) claim that it was based on their own lives.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.