Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge VS HTC 10

ReputationRep:
    Dumping my iphone 5s and going back to Android. Which one do you recommend? I've read reviews and they seem pretty neck and neck. The waterproofing makes me lean towards the Samsung but I like the clean mature looking user interface of the HTC. Any bugs/quirks that you only notice after using the phones for a while? The S7 Edge is safe from exploding right? That was just the Note 7?

ReputationRep:
    I have had the S7 edge for 5 months now and it's brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chupacabraconcadabra)
    Dumping my iphone 5s and going back to Android. Which one do you recommend? I've read reviews and they seem pretty neck and neck. The waterproofing makes me lean towards the Samsung but I like the clean mature looking user interface of the HTC. Any bugs/quirks that you only notice after using the phones for a while? The S7 Edge is safe from exploding right? That was just the Note 7?
    The explosions are limited to the Note 7, you're safe with an S7/S7 Edge in your pocket :yy:

But yeah, waterproofing is the largest functional difference, beyond that they're fairly equal in terms of specs, features and performance. My vote would personally go to the S7 Edge, the screen and camera are better (the HTC 10's are also great, they're just simply not as good as Samsung's top tier display/camera), it has a larger battery, and in my opinion it's the most attractively designed Android phone ever.

The one potential sticking point is the size of the screen- coming from a tiny 4" iPhone 5S, the 5.5" display of the S7 Edge is going to feel enormous. You can see a comparison of the two phones by clicking here. The ~5" screen size of the HTC 10 seems to have settled as the ideal mainstream screen size over the last couple of years, and 5.5" displays are considered on the upper end of manageable for most people. Thankfully the curved edges make it easier to hold than other large screen phones, but I'd definitely suggest trying to get your hands on one to see how it feels before committing to a purchase.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.