Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In university halls of residence and the flat next door are having a big loud party and I have a test at 9 am! Not really a purpose of this thread just want to vent my anger lol.

ReputationRep:
    Address please?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure there's usually numbers you can call to deal with this. Try calling on-site security if you have the number

ReputationRep:
    Just deal with it, it's student accommodation - surely you were expecting things like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamaragymnast)
    Address please?
    Address? Well it's one of the halls of residence at the university of Warwick 😬

(Original post by BirdIsWord)
    Pretty sure there's usually numbers you can call to deal with this. Try calling on-site security if you have the number
    I have a residential tutor but I don't want to wake him up ☹️ Not sure if this is a job for on site security? Also don't want to come across as too much of a humbug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)

I have a residential tutor but I don't want to wake him up ☹️ Not sure if this is a job for on site security? Also don't want to come across as too much of a humbug.
    Thats exactly what onsite security is there to do. And nobody at the party will know its you who called them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)

It will be over by the time I get there then, shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    Just deal with it, it's student accommodation - surely you were expecting things like this?
    Not on a Monday night/Tuesday morning. We're technically not allowed any noise past 10 pm on a week day or any parties without permission

ReputationRep:
    if you can't beat them, join them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    :toofunny: you are brutal omfg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    :toofunny: you are brutal omfg
    She's a troll lol. She's on lots of threads 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)
    In university halls of residence and the flat next door are having a big loud party and I have a test at 9 am! Not really a purpose of this thread just want to vent my anger lol.
    Walk in there and take a massive **** on their floor.

That will ruin everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)
    welcome to halls. go join in its only first year, have some fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    true ed98 gate crash and join in..

or...

tell em shut it yourself...

or phone in and complain you have evry right...

do you really wanna fail because you couldnt sleep because you were too scared to tell them to hush?

while also having missed a wicked party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)
    Not on a Monday night/Tuesday morning. We're technically not allowed any noise past 10 pm on a week day or any parties without permission
    if you didn't want to have parties going on around you you should have gone to private accomodation. for the majority of people this is the only 3 yrs of their life they can have independant fun WHILE still getting a good degree. weeknights are normal nights to have parties, weekends are for the locals.

invest in some earplugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    Wouldn't mind tbh but I have medical conditions that make me really tired most of the time, let alone if I only have a couple of hours of sleep. I pay a lot for my lectures and don't want to fall asleep in them 😅

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed98)
    Wouldn't mind tbh but I have medical conditions that make me really tired of the time, let alone if I only have a couple of hours of sleep. I pay a lot for my lectures and don't want to fall asleep in them 😅
    oh ok sorry that is fair enough but you should probably buy earplugs. you can't constantly stop people having parties it's kind of the main thing about halls. i would advise unless it's exam time you don't really have the right to complain. can you transfer to a quieter halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moura)
    oh ok sorry that is fair enough but you should probably buy earplugs. you can't constantly stop people having parties it's kind of the main thing about halls. i would advise unless it's exam time you don't really have the right to complain. can you transfer to a quieter halls?
    No tbh I understand that they're here to have fun and I don't have the right to stop them. In fact I like joining in on the weekends. It just I have a test tomorrow. I think I shall invest in some earplugs though for future haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.