Turn on thread page Beta

what does excellent customer service mean to you, watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As above

ReputationRep:
    That the person does their best to help out.
    That's all there is to it in my opinion. If someone can't help, and passes me on to someone else, that's just as good as if they helped me themselves. If they don't try their best to help me, or are less friendly than they could be, that's bad customer service.

ReputationRep:
    The ability to listen to customers attentively, look at them when they are talking to u, and do everything u can to help them so they come back again.

ReputationRep:
    Going out of your way to make them feel like the most important person you've served all day

ReputationRep:
    Treating them as an individual, rather than someone who's there to just use your service and hand over money.

ReputationRep:
    I work at M&S - a company that prides itself on great customer service.

I work in store operations, not on the tills but help out in all areas, ie staking.

Some of the things i do are

* offer the customer a basket or trolley if i see them struggling with too much
    * offer to get the customer a drink (ie 2lt bottle / water ) out of the fridge for them
    * offer to take back their trolley
    * offer to take customers shopping to their cards
    * rather than say 'NO' we dont have a item in stock, i'ld check out the back first and then run upstairs to check out the back.

ReputationRep:
    Treat others as you would like to be treated.

All customers should be offered help.

Go out of your way to help the customer

Offer to pack, drop, pick up etc anything which could make them feel at ease or improve something.

Polite, well mannered, well spoken, address the person directly, leave them with a great feeling AFTER.

ReputationRep:
    applying for a job in HMV?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.