Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know where to get free text messages off the net from? My parents want to be able to text me without having to use their phones. Sounds like remote nagging to me, but I'm eager to please. I'm looking for a free service with an easy interface, and thought I'd ask you knowledgable people first.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What planet are you from?... nothing is free.

ReputationRep:
    www.o2.co.uk you have to sign up, you get 30 text messages a month.

ReputationRep:
    its not free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    What planet are you from?... nothing is free.
    Earth, I assure you. A lot of companies (lycos, genie, orange etc) used to do it to attract you to their website, I'm wondering if any remain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    its not free
    you do get free text messages from the o2 site, as i said 30 a month, i should know because i use them.

ReputationRep:
    if u pay a certian amount a month or sign up for a special package...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    if u pay a certian amount a month or sign up for a special package...
    No, there's 30 free there - you can get more if you pay for them, but you get 30 free a month.

ReputationRep:
    it would help if you actually went onto the site and looked for your self, i havent paid anything to get 30 FREE TEXTS a month, it gives you an option of buying texts but you dont have to.

It wouldnt be called FREE TEXT if it wasn't free, this is from my account on the site:

Use free TXT - you have 21 TXT remaining
    Use paid TXT - you have 0 TXT remaining

im not going to bother arguing with you anymore, everyone knows its free.

ReputationRep:
    Billed to your mobile phone account:

30 for £1.50 (5p/TXT)

Billed to your credit card or debit card:

30 for £1.50 (5p/TXT)

100 for £4.50 (4.5p/TXT)

500 for £20.00 (4p/TXT)

They are not free, you are paying £1.50 to send 30 txts...

ReputationRep:
    now look to the left under the number you are sending the message to there will be the two options send free texts or send paid text. Look closer.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, BUT they are not refreshed every month... once you use them they are gone...

ReputationRep:
    I get them for free with tmn- its great!

Do a web search, quite a few come up...good luck

can't imagine he's going to be away for more than a month so it doesn't really matter does it?!

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to Nik P hes being pedantic. I use the 30 free txts too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockindemon)
    Don't listen to Nik P hes being pedantic. I use the 30 free txts too
    Easy there chico...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)
    its not free

It is free.

'Course, the 30 don't always last very long. But those 30 are free.

They're there to try and entice you into purchasing more, but you don't have to. You get 30 free each month, though any left over don't get carried through. You can be on any network, you just have to sign up with the site, similarly to how you sign up with this site. There are a few ads on the page to make money, but you don't have to click on them.

Though if you're being a pedantic git, you do have to pay your internet provider so you can access the net to get onto the site...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    It is free.

'Course, the 30 don't always last very long. But those 30 are free.

They're there to try and entice you into purchasing more, but you don't have to. You get 30 free each month, though any left over don't get carried through. You can be on any network, you just have to sign up with the site, similarly to how you sign up with this site. There are a few ads on the page to make money, but you don't have to click on them.

Though if you're being a pedantic git, you do have to pay your internet provider so you can access the net to get onto the site...
    WTF?!, you are practically repeating what i've just said you benchod...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nik P)

No I'm not. You said they're not free. I said that they are.

And what is a 'benchod'?

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Nik P

no you said they aren't free, he said they are free and you get 30 free a month every month, basically what i have explained in all my posts in this thread, if you dont want to listen to other people who actually know then dont.

ReputationRep:
    I said the first 30 are FREE and after that you have to BUT them... LISTEN dammit!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.