The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2017

Scroll to see replies

Course: Graphic Communication and Illustration (4Yr Sandwich)
GCSE Grades: 2A* 's, 4A's, 7B's
Subjects with predicted grades: Graphic Communication A, Media Studies A, Sociology A
Other choices: Portsmouth, Norwich, Leeds and Brighton

Applied on: 19/10/16
Interview invitation received on: 26/10/16

Good luck everyone!! :biggrin:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 81
Original post by sidgurung14
Subjects with predicted grades: Graphic Communication A, Media Studies A, Sociology A

Is graphic communication part of the design school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbbieL
Is graphic communication part of the design school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I think it's just industrial design, product D&T and UCD that are a part of the design school
Reply 83
No I think it's just industrial design, product D&T and UCD that are a part of the design school

Oh okay thanks, was starting to get worried that I hadn't heard anything for industrial

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84

Goodluck with your interview :smile:
Original post by AbbieL
Oh okay thanks, was starting to get worried that I hadn't heard anything for industrial

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure everything will work out, good luck anyway! :smile:

Original post by CemG
Goodluck with your interview :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 86
I'm sure everything will work out, good luck anyway! :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:

Hope so, good luck anyway with your interview I'll hopefully get my invitation soon ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellie419
Theres a website called unifrog that my sixth form pays for, it lets you compare universities and has info like the cost of living and applications per place, graduate employability and other things like that.

Nice i wish my sixth form had that it gives you literally all the uni information you need! By the way are you a fast bowler or spin bowler?
Original post by AbbieL
This is probably a trivial question however, if I am lucky enough to be invited to an interview by the design school,I'll be travelling by train. Is the campus of walking distance from the station or will I have to organise some extra travel? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi AbbieL

Sorry for the delay in responding, me and Amy haven't been in the office for a couple of days.

It's walkable, but it's not really close. However the good news is there is a bus that runs from the train station to campus so you can hop on one of those. Here's info on the times for you https://www.kinchbus.co.uk/services/sprint/timetable :smile:

Vicky

Hi sidgurung14

Good luck with your interview :smile:

Vicky
Original post by Maka 123
Nice i wish my sixth form had that it gives you literally all the uni information you need! By the way are you a fast bowler or spin bowler?

Fast bowler. Yeah my sixth form are really good and do everything they can to get us where we want to go. We had to start our personal statements in April, but it meant we could apply as soon as applications open. Its hard to believe that my school are in the list that qualify for contextual offers!
Original post by HelloM8
Hi, anyone got any Chemical Eng offers yet ?

I've applied though have not seen any e-mails saying. My application though UCAS has been recieved.
Original post by Anfanny
I've applied though have not seen any e-mails saying. My application though UCAS has been recieved.

Hi Anfanny

Have you checked your spam/junk/promotions folder? When did you apply?

Vicky
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Anfanny

Have you checked your spam/junk/promotions folder? When did you apply?

Vicky

I sent my application to my advisor of studies on Wednesday and I haven't seen anything in anything in my e-mail folders
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anfanny
I sent my application to my advisor of studies on Wednesday and I haven't seen anything in anything in my e-mail folders

I've just sent you a PM
Vicky
Reply 95
I have an interview for product design/industrial design tech on the 16/11/16 just received an email. So so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
I am an interactional student even though I have been studying here for 5 years now. I got an email asking me to scan in my GCSE certificates yesterday, to include English language, does everyone get asked this? Is it just for internationals? And do you guys think it's a good or bad thing?
Reply 97
Everyone that got an offer, can you please comment how many days you got it after applying and what subject it is? Thanks so much!
Reply 98
Original post by BECK!!
Everyone that got an offer, can you please comment how many days you got it after applying and what subject it is? Thanks so much!

Industrial and Product design tech
Applied: 18th October
Interview offer: 1st November

Awaiting actual offer, but that will come after my interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
AHHHHH I just got an offer for chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending