Just so you know:

- questions end with a question mark
    - sentences end with a dot
    - sentences begin with a capital letter
    - i is a pronoun written in capital letter

It seems a lot of young people don't seem to get this. Example:
    Could you please send me this message.
    i am busy right now.
    Basic education seems to be lacking in many people. Stop making these mistakes.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 571122)
    Just so you know:

Thanks.
    Thanks for spreading this message to the people of TSR.

Although you don't seem to be doing what you preach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    You're welcome. We're educating the world, one step at a time.

ReputationRep:
    Colloquial communication on an Internet forum is not uncommon. You cannot expect everyone to write with faultless grammar 100% of the time. As long as something is understandable, then it doesn't really matter. Text speak is a bit inhibiting but occasionally forgetting to capitalise 'I' or forgetting that Internet is a proper noun and deserves a capital isn't a big deal. It doesn't show a lack of education.

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome. We're educating the world, one step at a time.
    I agree. And glad to see you followed your own advice this time.

ReputationRep:
    i agree, but what if people just cba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Colloquial communication on an Internet forum is not uncommon. You cannot expect everyone to write with faultless grammar 100% of the time. As long as something is understandable, then it doesn't really matter. Text speak is a bit inhibiting but occasionally forgetting to capitalise 'I' or forgetting that Internet is a proper noun and deserves a capital isn't a big deal. It doesn't show a lack of education.
    My complaint goes out to everyone. I'm baffled as to how even freaking government commissioners fail to properly put question marks after questions, let alone write a proper sentence. These government officials have degrees and therefore should correctly form their wording.

I'm not sure what English class you attended, but in university our professor taught us that any form of colloquial communication is very offensive to the receiver; you are showing a lack of respect for the other person because you are making it difficult on them to understand your message. English Lit 101 anyone? Your "as long as it's understandable it doesn't really matter" statement is dismissed. Retake your English Lit and then we'll talk. People like you put society to shame. I think you need to pay more attention in lectures.

Anyone who doesn't write with punctuation obviously hasn't been properly educated. I'm not going to waste any more time explaining this. Those who don't know this, should attend a proper university or better yet, go back to high school and ask their parents for manners.

Only the educated are allowed to communicate with me. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Then those people are called marginals and do not participate in society.

ReputationRep:
    Then those people are called marginals and do not participate in society.
    Just so you know:

Thanks.
    You made these three mistakes while saying that they are mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    For the record, sentences end with a full stop. So much for basic education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)

Although you don't seem to be doing what you preach.
    hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    As you cannot be civil, I'm locking this thread. Basic social etiquette expects you to prove a point or express your opinion without being inflammatory. Funnily enough, the rules of the site expect this too.

:dontknow:

Poll
Which is the best season?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.