The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My dad doesn't drive and my school's MILES away, haha. Looks like I'll be getting the bus and hoping nobody asks me what day it is.
Reply 21
I've asked both my parents to make sure they're working on the day of results, just so I can tell them on the phone :P. That would be a lot easier for me, and they understand.
See, I don't really mind having my parents there. The only reason they go on and act all dissapointed etc. is when either a)they think I haven't done my best or b)they think I don't get how important the situation is. Seeing as how I get both those things, I reckon they'll be fine and supportive (which is a rare thing at my house, lol!) even if I did mess up on a few exams. But no, I'm having them both come with me...probably going to wake everyone up at 6am too and spend 3 hours walking up and down the stairs (the computer's upstairs...tv's down) and keep changing my mind about whether I wanna see the edecxel results thing at 6 or not...by which time it'll be time to go to school anyways.
Reply 23
Chezua
are you allowed to bring your result slips home?

Yes! :smile: Of course. :p:
Reply 24
^ woah really? :eek:

i'll scan it to here just for the heck of it :ninja:
Reply 25
When you get your results, what are you guys going to do with your parents?

(GCSE people only please!)

I will probably leave mine in the car...:wink:
Reply 26
leave em at home for sure :smile:
Reply 27
My mum offered to walk in to collect my results for me since I'm away on hols til the 25th but I've just asked the school to post them to me.

When I get back I'll probably sit in the garden on my own and open them; then go in and tell them ^.^

Then since I won't see any teachers on results day, I'll pop in a few days later to either thank them profusely or start yelling at them depending on what I get! Lol.
My mum gave me a lift there and back - it was 45 minutes by bus each way, so it was more for convenience than anything.
Reply 29
I'm gonna go to school get my results. Then walk back home and tell my parents.
Reply 30
im going to go with my parents in the car, leave them there, get my results and then tell them, then go out with friends.
My mum's driving me there and she's going to wait for me to get them so I either tell her what I got straight away or open it up with her. I'm still deciding lol!
Reply 32
Well, I'm not taking my parents with me. I'm gonna walk to school with a few mates, and open them there. I'll then go to the cinema with my friends and after that we'll be going to Trocadero.. WOOT :biggrin:

But I still dunno whether to call my parents and tell them what I got, or to go home before I go to the cinema and tell them then.
Reply 33
I'm leaving mine at home :]
If the results are good I'll probably call them once I get them, if they're bad I'll walk home extremely slowly.
I don't have a mum and my dad will be at work. I'm gonna ring my dad as soon as I get them :p:
I want mine to be with me... they're the most important people in my life and this is one of the most important moments so far, however it turns out!
I had my mum with me when I opened my AS level (took it a year early) and it was great to share my happiness at passing with her.
Reply 36
I know that your parents are the most important people, but like my parents wouldn't even know what each grade meant anyway and plus, my mum's pregnant and my dad can't miss work, because he has already missed alot of days already just for our sake.

And if I fail miserably, then I have my best friends, my close friends and my other friends, and also the teachers to comfort me.
Reply 37
Leave 'em in the car!
Reply 38
I don't wanna take my parents with me though, because there'd be no point as I can easily just call them or go home to tell them the results. The most important thing is that I'm there receiving the results.
And like I said, they wouldn't know what each grade meant lol. All they know, well they think that an A is the best lol.
Reply 39
My dad will be at work, and my mum has decided she isn't going to go with me anyway. So I'm getting the bus to school, and probably going out with some mates afterwards. They'll find out in the afternoon (then I go out in the evening anyway so I'm hardly going to be with them at all on Thursday lol).

Latest