Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tagit)
    Right i only read the first page so i don't know what else has been discussed but i think there is a great youtube video for this. Its a light hearted documentary

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F-WQPslOIYk
    someone posted this link on page 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tagit)
    Right i only read the first page so i don't know what else has been discussed
    (Original post by prash_s90)
    someone posted this link on page 2
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Speak for yourself. Is this what people think when they see my holding hands with my gf, walking around? Jesus

Asian lads need to stop trying to be western. Yes both my parents are from different countrys. I know my heritage and culture. Only god can judge me! I have faith in god. Its not about being western, or modern. We are BRITISH! Screw the yanks and screw the western idealism. We were born here so being British is part of our heritage - at least thats how I see it. Dislike the word modern or western. We are ALL in the 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    You are right. I see very few interracial couples, especially an asian/oriental with a white person.

You are also right about asian guys not being as good looking as white guys, on average. Thats my opinion anyway.

As an Asian male, I get a lot of funny looks (especially from other asians) when I am being couply with a white girl.

It kind of bugs me that there aren't more interracial couples and divisions still obviously exist.

But oh well, its not really an issue for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peach-On-Ice)
    You are right. I see very few interracial couples, especially an asian/oriental with a white person.

You are also right about asian guys not being as good looking as white guys, on average. Thats my opinion anyway.

As an Asian male, I get a lot of funny looks (especially from other asians) when I am being couply with a white girl.

It kind of bugs me that there aren't more interracial couples and divisions still obviously exist.

But oh well, its not really an issue for me.
    Agreed. I hate how some asian girls react when you get friendly with a non-asian girl. They usually say stuff like "coconut" and it pisses me off. I am British, I have Indian parents, but I was born in England. I'm proud of that and I not going to try to be any stereotype that these people have of what a "British-Asian" should be like. It just makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tagit)
    :rolleyes:
    i know he didnt read this thread...i was just informing him that it was there !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaonade)
    **** him silly for TSR
    Aw i found out has a wife

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nanananabatman)
    First of all, I cannot believe race is a factor in a relationship.
    No, but appearance is, and race effects appearance. So, for example, if a girl doesn't like guys with dark hair, then she's unlikely to go out with a black, asian or hispanic guy, for example.

Personally I have seen plenty of very attractive people of all races, but I suppose its in the eye of the beholder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaonade)
    I would just have sex with anyone
    LAWL.

As a 'non-asian girl', I'd totally go for an asian guy. I don't know where people are getting all this "they're not as attractive as white guys" rubbish from - guys of all races are hot. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_sanchez)
    No, but appearance is, and race effects appearance. So, for example, if a girl doesn't like guys with dark hair, then she's unlikely to go out with a black, asian or hispanic guy, for example.

Personally I have seen plenty of very attractive people of all races, but I suppose its in the eye of the beholder.
    I see what you mean but it's a bit of a silly example. What if they dyed their hair? It's like a brunette suddenly become attractive because she dyed her hair blonde.

Are there any white girls out there, with an asian boyfriend who get loads of grief, told there a disgrace n stuff because i do and im really tired of it

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he is just a nob, doesn't reflect all Asian boys. Dump him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiscoPirate)
    The OP I assume, i got negged for asking him to be more specific than 'Asian'

If it wasn't him then it's someone that has made less than 150 posts because the neg rep icon is a dark red colour.
    I'm barely in the door and i've "neg repped" you for whining so much.

its not the boyfriend making coments in randomn public members!

sorry mean its*

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I don't understand you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
    Sorry but I don't understand you.
    She get's grief from people because she's got an asian boyfriend ( i think)

yeh thats right, saying im a race mixing slut etc :'(

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I think your right Lucy, I can be so stupid sometimes... Who ever is giving your grieve anon #2 is pathetic, talk to your boyfriend about it.

ReputationRep:
    Classic case of male possessiveness - where we are threatened because someone outside their "group" has taken a worthwhile partner away from them.

Think about it in packs, there's a group consisting of guys and girls, the group dynamic insists that eventually each will pair off with another in the group - cue affairs and such with your best pal. But it's still a group.

Then say, good looking foreigner comes in. Takes the girl. Guys are obviously annoyed, get hostile and all primitive.

Basically what I'm saying is all guys dislike others dating a lass who they think is "above" them, because of jealousy and because it's one less fitty off the market. It's all competition out there, and we only have laws and unwritten societal rules to hold it together.

EDIT: Obviously girls compete too, but IN GENERAL they tend to keep off other women's "territory", so to speak. Whilst men are more irrational to get the girl, hence Mr Alpha Male beating up Mr Beta Male for eyeing up his girlfriend at the bar.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.