Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Worried about grades and getting into Portsmouth Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to do pharmacy at Portsmouth, but I am in my third year of college. Will being in my third year affect my chances of getting in? The new tariff system says I need 128 points. So far I have got B in biology A level, which is 40 points, D in AS computing, which is 10 points, and I got a B in chemistry and a C in maths. At this moment I am doing Chemistry, maths, health and social care. I am worried about not getting the 128 points. I will only be doing AS health and social care as it is my final year at college and I cannot finish the whole A level. Does Health and social care even count as an A level? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arashii)
    I want to do pharmacy at Portsmouth, but I am in my third year of college. Will being in my third year affect my chances of getting in? The new tariff system says I need 128 points. So far I have got B in biology A level, which is 40 points, D in AS computing, which is 10 points, and I got a B in chemistry and a C in maths. At this moment I am doing Chemistry, maths, health and social care. I am worried about not getting the 128 points. I will only be doing AS health and social care as it is my final year at college and I cannot finish the whole A level. Does Health and social care even count as an A level? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi, I was in the excact same posistion as you this time last year, I also did a third year of college, your third year will not affect your chances of getting into university. By the look of the as / a levels you have already got you will get into portsmouth easily ! see what pionts are needed and then add up what you have already got. I am currently at portsmouth and my grades were no way as good as yours well done ! and good luck and dont panic

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.