The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Applicants: 2017 Entry

Are you applying to UEA this year, or considering applying?

We would love to hear from you! This is your opportunity to talk with other applicants, and also ask current students or alumni your questions about the university. We'll be dipping into the thread too offering official advice from the university.

Find out more about UEA on the university guide part of the website here where you can also find out about Open Days and order a prospectus.

Finally if you've got accommodation questions you can ask them here and for general UEA questions you can go here.

For 2016 applicants please see this thread.

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else applied? I've applied for Natural Sciences πŸ˜€

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I'm applying for Society, Culture and Media, but not sent off my application yet.

UPDATE - 17/11/16 - sent off my application, waiting on a response
UPDATE - Received conditional offer for Politics with a Foundation Year 18/11/16
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I've applied to do English Literature, and I'm off to have a look around on the upcoming Open Day. Very excited to have a look around and see what it's all like.
Anyone else applying for developmental psychology? 😁
I applied for Law on October 11th and just received a conditional offer!!! I'm so happy!!!!
Received a conditional offer today too! I've applied for geography and international development (with overseas experience). Very happy!
Edit: they've said they'll make it unconditional if I firm!
(edited 7 years ago)
After missing the unconditional offer bit I'd suggest anyone who gets an offer reads the uni email checking at the bit near the bottom you may get a pleasant surprise.
My daughter checked on track it said conditional so we didn't think anything of it as that's what we'd expected.
Good luck everyone and I hope you don't have too long a wait.
I am looking to study Psychology at UEA and am going to the open day this coming Saturday. Is anyone else going?
Original post by Daisymaay
I am looking to study Psychology at UEA and am going to the open day this coming Saturday. Is anyone else going?

It should be quite a busy one for us! :smile:
Original post by Daisymaay

I'll be there on Saturday, and as I've said already I've applied to do English Literature at UEA.

EDIT: And now I have an offer as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
I got an offer this afternoon for maths. Anyone else?
Also when would I expect the "Student Terms & Conditions" email mentioned on track to be sent?
Got an offer to study molecular bio+genetics ABB yeeeee :dance:
Original post by notonlyme
Received a conditional offer today too! I've applied for geography and international development (with overseas experience). Very happy!
Edit: they've said they'll make it unconditional if I firm!

Can they update offers??? congratulations! Loved the look of that course when I visited!
Original post by ImagineCats
Can they update offers??? congratulations! Loved the look of that course when I visited!

Thanks! And yeah, they'll send you an email a couple of hours after track updates telling you they've offered you a place and informing you about the terms and conditions and about fees and stuff. Then at the end of the email they added a section which said:
' We have considered your application and you are just the kind of student we want studying at UEA. Therefore we have selected you for an unconditional upgrade for 2017 entry, should you choose us as your firm choice.'

On a separate note, got an invite to an applicant day today!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by notonlyme
Thanks! And yeah, they'll send you an email a couple of hours after track updates telling you they've offered you a place and informing you about the terms and conditions and about fees and stuff. Then at the end of the email they added a section which said:
' We have considered your application and you are just the kind of student we want studying at UEA. Therefore we have selected you for an unconditional upgrade for 2017 entry, should you choose us as your firm choice.'

On a separate note, got an invite to an application day today!

:frown: Guess they don't want me that badly then hahah, but still you must be so excited!
:frown: Guess they don't want me that badly then hahah, but still you must be so excited!

I got the unconditional offer a day they accepted me on UCAS, if you're still within that timeframe...?
Original post by mobbsy91
I got the unconditional offer a day they accepted me on UCAS, if you're still within that timeframe...?

Nope. Got the offer 32 hours ago :frown:
Nope. Got the offer 32 hours ago :frown:

Ahh, well, well done on the offer in any case!
Original post by mobbsy91
Ahh, well, well done on the offer in any case!

Ha thanks! Did you get an uncon offer? If so eeep congrats!!

Quick Reply

Latest