Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't get over this guy suddenly going off me Watch

Announcements

I was dating this guy for a few months. This was when we were in uni halls so it was easy to spend loads of time together. We would see each other most days, sleep in the same bed every other night so had sex about 1000 times and whenever we weren't together would text.

He said the sweetest things to me and made me feel loved in a way I thought only happened in fairy tales (cheesy I know)

then he just ended it

I can't help replaying every moment and every text to see how it went wrong it's literally driving me crazy

Maybe he was just using you:sad:

ReputationRep:
    Prolly just used u for free sex.
    • Very Important Poster

My first thought was did you sleep with him.....
    Think youve just been used and he's move on. You need to start being a better judge of character. Boys/men sometimes lie to get what they want.

Just adding no point beating yourself up or overthinking it. he wasnt as nice as you thought. Some people are like that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... don't jump into reationships with a first year flat mate, you just make yourself unavailable to so many potentially better people and it never lasts. (They only get together because of lust and the idea of having a grown up relationship at uni).

lol if I had sex THAT many times *exclusively* with one person that I liked I'd be SO attached to them... idk how boys just get up and leave after so long.

ReputationRep:
    same thing happened to me although i wasnt sleeping with him. i really liked him and thought he liked me too and i used to love spending time with him. i fell for him hardddddd and then he just cut off from me. i had to accept that he was a jerk who was trying to use me. its hard to get over something like this and it puts you down but you have to pick yourself up from this loser and show he means nothing to you, like you meant nothing to him.

ReputationRep:
    He is a ****boi and isn't worth it honestly. It's okay to be upset, CRY, EAT ICE CREAM, LISTEN TO ADELE, do whatever you need to get him out of your system, you will get over it sooner and later. Everytime you find yourself feeling sad, remind yourself: "I am an amazing person & I deserve better" & you do! He was probably using you and now he's done but you'll find someone on your wavelength and it'll be so much better I promise
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

Man, that sucks

ReputationRep:
    This is normal sadly. I think initial intensity of a relationship is inversely proportional to how long it lasts. And when the feelings go they've gone. Girls experience this too. You just have to dust yourself down and look for someone better.

ReputationRep:
    your fault for being hungry.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.