Do you prefer internet or books?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: Do you prefer books or the internet?
    Prefer books
    26.67%
    Prefer internet
    26.67%
    Both are useful
    46.67%

ReputationRep:
    I love the internet and spend a lot of time on it, but I still like books and printed media.
    Not everything is on the internet especially historic stuff. For instance our local news paper has very limited online archives. You can only go back 5 years when looking for a news paper article online which in this day and age is pretty pathetic. Instead you have to visit the library and trawl through the microfiche wheels to find anything pre-2010!

Surely editors have been storing stuff on disks or computer since at least the late 1980s. Why can't it be put online?

However the great thing about having and Ipad or tablet is its tiny and can access more information than is in the largest library of books, and having the internet saves considerable amount of space at home that would be occupied by heavy books and other printed media.

But having said that I still like books, at least they don't disappear if the internet goes down or when away from a WIFI signal!

ReputationRep:
    It depends because for revising then the internet would probably be better because there is more information but if it is for leisure then I prefer books because I find the internet really boring and I generally prefer reading (probably because I have no social life LOL)

ReputationRep:
    Both

love the internet but also love reading a good book, reminds me of a simpler time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    I love the internet and spend a lot of time on it, but I still like books and printed media.
    Not everything is on the internet especially historic stuff. For instance our local news paper has very limited online archives. You can only go back 5 years when looking for a news paper article online which in this day and age is pretty pathetic. Instead you have to visit the library and trawl through the microfiche wheels to find anything pre-2010!

Surely editors have been storing stuff on disks or computer since at least the late 1980s. Why can't it be put online?

However the great thing about having and Ipad or tablet is its tiny and can access more information than is in the largest library of books, and having the internet saves considerable amount of space at home that would be occupied by heavy books and other printed media.

But having said that I still like books, at least they don't disappear if the internet goes down or when away from a WIFI signal!
    i prefer my xbox one to be honest?!

ReputationRep:
    Internet 100%

... I don't read...

ReputationRep:
    Internet by far. As for fictional books, I've never read one from start to finish as they bore me to death. Non-fiction books are okay, but there's too much stuff I don't care about and I can't ctrl+f .

ReputationRep:
    The internet is great, but there's something special in a good book! (coming from the girl, who reads a book a week....*hides*)

ReputationRep:
    A solid book is real noice.
    (Original post by TK_23)
    (coming from the girl, who reads a book a week....*hides*)
    y u hidin' like it's bad? I'd read a book a week if I actually turned my xbox off for once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    A solid book is real noice.

y u hidin' like it's bad? I'd read a book a week if I actually turned my xbox off for once
    Yasss, I do love having an actual book in my hand, that being said, sometimes I can just find the book I want on my phone, so I'm not too much of a ibook/kindle hater. & It's quite sad in other people's perspectives, I've had the comments before lol! & I wish I had the patience to learn how to play the Xbox

ReputationRep:
    Books, books, books

its not that I dislike the internet, on the contrary I spend way too much time on it, but you gotta love the feeling of actually holding a book, actually turning the pages, its a very visceral experience for me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I must sound kinda weird

ReputationRep:
    i like a good book but i am not going to find fresh memes in penguin classics am i?

ReputationRep:
    ...Reading books.... on the internet...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    ...Reading books.... on the internet...?
    No reading it on a screen sucks ass

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.