Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested in cooking?

ReputationRep:
    i remain strongly interested in people cooking for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colemanjohn123)
    I like cooking, it's fun, but I like to keep my dishes simple. Nothing too complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    i remain strongly interested in people cooking for me
    hahaha, that's an option too

(Original post by sweetstars)
    I like cooking, it's fun, but I like to keep my dishes simple. Nothing too complex.
    favorite cuisine?

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, that's an option too

favorite cuisine?
    Actually, I don't go out to eat much (mainly because I'm lazy). XD

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I don't go out to eat much (mainly because I'm lazy). XD
    oh, haha and what do you like to cook?

ReputationRep:
    oh, haha and what do you like to cook?
    Rice! XD I like baking chiffon cakes and chocolate cake because they're one of mine favourite cakes I can actually make.

ReputationRep:
    meeee, my favourite cuisines would be:
    italian on a hungry day (love me some carbs!)
    thai on a day I feel like burning my mouth with hot chillies and piping hot soups
    indian on a day I feel like having a warm, home-cooked meal
    iranian on a day I feel like going fancy and having a variety of flavourful foods
    oh and a full english breakfast is just the one!

yeah these are pretty much my faves =D

can't choose one bcuz i love em all, and just in love with food generally. =DDDD

ReputationRep:
    I love cooking, and especially baking actually, especially doughs!! Recently though I just haven't really been bothered, and lacked motivation to do it... I always see yummy foods like a nice lasagne, pasta dishes, pies that I want to make, home-made pizzas, but just can't be assed

Am always up for doing a nice steak meal, and burgers!

ReputationRep:
    Rice! XD I like baking chiffon cakes and chocolate cake because they're one of mine favourite cakes I can actually make.
    oh, very nice!

(Original post by IRoranth)
    meeee, my favourite cuisines would be:
    italian on a hungry day (love me some carbs!)
    thai on a day I feel like burning my mouth with hot chillies and piping hot soups
    indian on a day I feel like having a warm, home-cooked meal
    iranian on a day I feel like going fancy and having a variety of flavourful foods
    oh and a full english breakfast is just the one!

yeah these are pretty much my faves =D

can't choose one bcuz i love em all, and just in love with food generally. =DDDD
    hahaha indeed your list is "to the point" xD

(Original post by mobbsy91)
    I love cooking, and especially baking actually, especially doughs!! Recently though I just haven't really been bothered, and lacked motivation to do it... I always see yummy foods like a nice lasagne, pasta dishes, pies that I want to make, home-made pizzas, but just can't be assed

Am always up for doing a nice steak meal, and burgers!
    oh, why's that?

ReputationRep:
    oh, very nice!

oh, why's that?
    I dunno, just general lack of motivation in general rather than aimed at cooking. I think I'm also more up for it when I'm at my parents', when I've got a clean area, clean pans/trays, and they're enjoying it too, rather than me just cooking for me, with **** equipment...

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, just general lack of motivation in general rather than aimed at cooking. I think I'm also more up for it when I'm at my parents', when I've got a clean area, clean pans/trays, and they're enjoying it too, rather than me just cooking for me, with **** equipment...
    Oh, I have the same issue too. In order to make something more "complex", I need to have the suitable equipment and a very clean area to work.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I have the same issue too. In order to make something more "complex", I need to have the suitable equipment and a very clean area to work.
    Yeh, I mean, something i can do in my pyrex bowl, a frying pan, and tray for oven is about the extent when in my house... anything more than that, I need my parents' house haha xD I wish I did more at home though, because I'd really enjoy it, just **** MOTIVATION!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I mean, something i can do in my pyrex bowl, a frying pan, and tray for oven is about the extent when in my house... anything more than that, I need my parents' house haha xD I wish I did more at home though, because I'd really enjoy it, just **** MOTIVATION!
    Just watch some Heston Blumenthal's stuff and you will find motivation for sure :P

ReputationRep:
    Just watch some Heston Blumenthal's stuff and you will find motivation for sure :P
    Haha yeh watching cooking shows or the like is when I feel most motivated. Unfortunately that's usually when I'm lying in bed at about 4 in the morning not hungry

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeh watching cooking shows or the like is when I feel most motivated. Unfortunately that's usually when I'm lying in bed at about 4 in the morning not hungry
    Hahaha yeah, then indeed nothing changes xD
    Favorite cooking shows?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yeah, then indeed nothing changes xD
    Favorite cooking shows?
    **** knows which is my favourite.... usually just whatever I can find on catchup TV...

ReputationRep:
    oh, very nice!

oh, why's that?
    How about you? Do you like cooking?

ReputationRep:
    How about you? Do you like cooking?
    Yeah, I love cooking. Especially stuff about why we do everything in each recipe.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I love cooking. Especially stuff about why we do everything in each recipe.
    What do you like making?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.