how to start personal statement

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    i want to do physics in uni but i have no idea how to start it.plz help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherv1360)
    Usually it's easier to write the introduction to your personal statement last, so I'd suggest focusing on getting the rest of it done, then come back to the intro later (if you haven't already started that is). Also, don't start with generic statements like 'I have been keenly interested in physics from a young age', as they are really common and unis favour originality

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of our brilliant PS Builder tool?

We'll guide you through the process of writing your UCAS personal statement for undergraduate study at a UK university. We'll get you to think about what course you're applying for, first writing notes about your experience, knowledge and hobbies, and then guide you through a suggested structure to actually write it. Afterwards, we'll check it against UCAS limitations and common errors and mistakes to help you write the best personal statement to reflect your interest and experiences.

You may want to also have a look at this article

ReputationRep:
    start stating things personally

ReputationRep:
    Start out by making lists of work experience/voluntary work, hobbies/interests, extra curricular activities. And then you can build on these lists to make paragraphs.
    Include a paragraph talking about how each of your AS/Alevels link to physics/have fuelled your interest in physics.
    I did my introduction last.
    Also, remember to keep linking- everything- back to physics! 😊
    If you have any other questions/need someone to proofread your ps, I'll be happy help ! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrificmagenta)
    Start out by making lists of work experience/voluntary work, hobbies/interests, extra curricular activities. And then you can build on these lists to make paragraphs.
    Include a paragraph talking about how each of your AS/Alevels link to physics/have fuelled your interest in physics.
    I did my introduction last.
    Also, remember to keep linking- everything- back to physics! 😊
    If you have any other questions/need someone to proofread your ps, I'll be happy help ! Good luck
    Please don't offer to review PSs over PM. TSR does not allow this, as there is no protection from plagiarism through this method. There is a private forum on TSR where applicants can get their PSs reviewed. If you are interested in joining this service (and are at uni already) then let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Interrobang*)
    Please don't offer to review PSs over PM. TSR does not allow this, as there is no protection from plagiarism through this method. There is a private forum on TSR where applicants can get their PSs reviewed. If you are interested in joining this service (and are at uni already) then let me know
    Hi. I'm so sorry, didn't think of plagiarism when I posted that. I am at uni and would love to join.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.