Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Childcare grant for second degree students

    • Thread Starter


    I was wondering if you would be able to clarify a couple of things for me.
    I am an EU national (UK settled) studying medicine (5 year course) as second degree. I am currently eligible for full maintenance loan from SFE.

    I was wondering if I will be eligible to apply for the Childcare grant and Parents learning allowance? Also would any of these grants/funding would be affected if I would to be married?
    Thank you very much.

    Hi there.

    Currently we can only award any additional grants such as chldcare and parent's learning allowance to those in their first year of a graduate entry medicine courses.

    For the future years the NHS is responsible for your funding.

    • Thread Starter

    Thank you for your reply.
    However, I am a graduate on the 5 year undergraduate course, not the 4 year graduate course. Does your reply applies in this case too?
    And are those grants means tested at all?
    Thank you very much

    Hi there.

    In this case previous study would need to be considered and you would be able to obtain those particular grants only but no fees from ourselves.

    All of our grants are income assessed so if you're married we'll need to look at your partners income.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team
Tea vs coffee
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.