The Student Room Group

Very important pls help

Does anyone know of any exam centres for a private candidate based in high wycombe to take a resit for maths gcse - november 2016 - I know its late already but i really need to resit and i cant find anywhere.
im doing edexcel exam board
Enrol in a fe college or ask to speak to their exam officer

Also maths is maths .it does not matter whether it's edexcel or some other exam board. Take whatever examboard you find.

Also you may have to pay a late fee to be entered as the examboards deadline was 5th october
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rose22079
Does anyone know of any exam centres for a private candidate based in high wycombe to take a resit for maths gcse - november 2016 - I know its late already but i really need to resit and i cant find anywhere.
im doing edexcel exam board

Most schools and colleges in the High Wycombe area use Edexcel.
The grammar schools typically don't do November resits (if you need to resit maths you don't generally get in)

Your best chance would be Amersham & Wycombe college. They do Edexcel and they do resits. I have no idea whether they would accept a late private candidate. Buckinghamshire Adult Learning are doing a GCSE resit, you could try contacting their exams office. You could also try speaking to the exams office at any of the secondary schools Holmer Green, William Ramsay, Highcrest etc.
Your chances are slim to be honest, private candidates are a pain for exams officers and late entry private candidates can be a nightmare. If you have any access arrangements from previous exams (e.g. Extra time for dyslexia) it's unlikely that these could be arranged in time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending