Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so time is going by very quickly, and ive yet made a start on my personal statement! i need some advice.

I know that you can only have one personal statement...however i'm applying to, two different courses at university ; Marketing & politics. So i need some advice as to how i'd form my personal statement in a way which would allow me to show interest towards both?

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked into if the unis you are applying to allow you to send an alternative personal statement? Some will let you do that - so you could write your PS just for politics, and then send an alternative statement to the ones you are applying to for marketing for example. Make sure they'll let you, though!

ReputationRep:
    I second Electrahearts! In all honesty, unless you're applying to Oxbridge personal statements don't matter nearly as much as your VI form teachers would have you believe. Obviously give it your best effort, but if you don't think it's 100% perfect then don't loose sleep over it.
    Universities in general are lowering their admissions standards based on previous years because with the introduction of fees and the lifting of the cap on student numbers they're just out for as much £££ as possible.

I hope that helped to alleviate your fears a little, best of luck! x
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    Okay, so time is going by very quickly, and ive yet made a start on my personal statement! i need some advice.

I know that you can only have one personal statement...however i'm applying to, two different courses at university ; Marketing & politics. So i need some advice as to how i'd form my personal statement in a way which would allow me to show interest towards both?
    Hi

The Politics Department has posted some information about what to include in a personal statement at:
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/politics/...duate/applying

It's always good to show your interest in the subject but I know it's difficult for students who are applying to two very different degree courses. The earlier tip about contacting a university and asking if they would like to receive a seperate personal statement is good advice.

Good luck!

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.