Final Medicine Choices

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I'm already applying to Bart's and Southampton but I need to pick two out of Newcastle, UEA, Sheffield and Leicester. At the moment I'm leaning towards Newcastle and UEA, simply because I don't want three UKCAT heavy uni's in case the cut offs are high this year.

GCSE: 6A* 4A A2 Prediction: A*AAA ( with achieved A at AS )

UKCAT: 713.3, Band 2

Any advice would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    I'm already applying to Bart's and Southampton but I need to pick two out of Newcastle, UEA, Sheffield and Leicester. At the moment I'm leaning towards Newcastle and UEA, simply because I don't want three UKCAT heavy uni's in case the cut offs are high this year.

Whats your ukcat score? If its good then choose sheffield and newcastle if not then consider leicester and UEA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    Whats your ukcat score? If its good then choose sheffield and newcastle if not then consider leicester and UEA
    Oh yeh sorry I forgot. I got 2140 so 713.3 average.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh sorry I forgot. I got 2140 so 713.3 average.
    Well done!! Id say you've got 99% chance of interview at sheffield and newcastle (would say guaranteed (100%) but nothing is ever guaranteed you see) gud luck 👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    Well done!! Id say you've got 99% chance of interview at sheffield and newcastle (would say guaranteed (100%) but nothing is ever guaranteed you see) gud luck 👍🏿
    Thanks, I'll probably go for Newcastle and either UEA/Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    Its okay. And yh go for the unis yu want to go to cuz your spending 5 years there and possibly longer with your foundation training years. And again good luck

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how far you would like to be away but I know universities that hardly use UKCAT are Bristol and Cardiff. Leicester would probs be a good shout and I know if you go on their website and on their thread on TSR you can calculate your points and see how likely you are to get interviewed etc.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    Hi HopelessMedic. If you have any questions about UEA please let me know! We're a Top 15 university (Times/Sunday Times University Guide 2017), Top 5 for student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2016) and within the World Top 100 for research excellence (Leiden Ranking 2016). Our YouTube channel is a good place to go to get a feel for what it's like to study here and in Norwich, and our admissions department are more than happy to take questions to put your mind at ease (just email [email protected]) or call 01603 591515 during the week between 9am and 5pm. We're all ears!

ReputationRep:

UKCAT: 713.3, Band 2

I'd say you have pretty much guaranteed interviews at Sheffield and Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.